spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Atlas720
@comcast.net

Atlas720

Anon

[HD] Is this normal?

So I sat down to watch Sunday night football. Every 1-3 minutes the screen would go green, and cut out to black then come back on. Every 5-7 minutes the screen would just go black, and every 9-10 minutes the whole thing would cut out and I would get snow for a good 10 seconds. This isn't even counting the constant pixelation. I came over from fios due to a move, is this really what I have to look forward to with Comcast HD?
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

Try rebooting the set-top box. If that doesn't fix the problem contact Comcast and report the problem.
spidershowl
join:2012-07-25
New York, NY

spidershowl to Atlas720

to Atlas720
said by Atlas720 :

So I sat down to watch Sunday night football. Every 1-3 minutes the screen would go green, and cut out to black then come back on. Every 5-7 minutes the screen would just go black, and every 9-10 minutes the whole thing would cut out and I would get snow for a good 10 seconds. This isn't even counting the constant pixelation. I came over from fios due to a move, is this really what I have to look forward to with Comcast HD?

There is no issue with your TV as any problem with your picture screen would have been completely different than what you have reported. It could be overheating of the Box, or just an electronic or hard drive failing or even an HDMI incompatibility issue. Restarting the box or TV usually does the trick.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to Atlas720

MVM

to Atlas720
When you start to see issues like that, try another channel first and see if it's also there.

Going to a green screen and cutting out is often a sign of HDMI handshaking problems. Is the box directly connected to the TV, or going through a receiver? What type/model of box is it? Some Motorola (which Comcast often calls RNG's now, but different models can have the same RNG number) boxes do not like going through a receiver or any form of HDMI switch. They're HDMI is hyper-sensitive to any issues and panics if it thinks there is problem.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to Atlas720

to Atlas720
said by Atlas720 :

I recently exchanged a box for a very similar reason as you. I had the same cutting in and out issue that had grown increasingly worse over the course of a few days until TV was barely watchable. I finally figured out that the HDMI cable had gone bad. Got a couple more from Amazon and I was set.

Right about that same time, I decided I wanted an RNG200N/Mot DCX3501 box for the 500GB storage. The DCX3400 I had was only 250. When I brought the 3501 home, the picture was behaving exactly like when the bad cable was being used. I exchanged the box for a DCX3400M (500GB) and the issue went away.

Anyway, maybe you need to check out your cables or get a different box.

atlas720
@comcast.net

atlas720 to Atlas720

Anon

to Atlas720
Thanks for the heads up guys. The box is a Cisco RNG 150N, directly connected to the tv. I unplugged the hdmi from both the tv and box to make sure they were connected securely. Also pulled the power cord for 20 seconds and let the box cycle. Spent a couple minutes flipping through the channels, and there were no immediate problems. Sometime later on I'll have a chance to sit down and see if any of the issues persist.