spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cruisx

join:2009-10-25

Turbo 14 to Turbo 20, am i correct?

Hey so iv canceled my cable with cogeco a few months back, i was just bored so i decided to see whats new at cogeco.

Just wondering right now i pay 61.95 for turbo 14, if i switched to turbo 20...would i only have to pay 60.95?

So essentially it would cost a bit cheaper but i get the extra 6mbps? So i would be stupid not to switch over?

exseven
Premium,VIP
join:2003-05-23
L8E0G6
kudos:1

yes, but i think there is an install charge for a tech to come swap the modem. No idea if you can get it at a storefront and do the swap yourself.

Shyte
Premium
join:2002-02-27
NF, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to cruisx

said by cruisx:

Hey so iv canceled my cable with cogeco a few months back, i was just bored so i decided to see whats new at cogeco.

Just wondering right now i pay 61.95 for turbo 14, if i switched to turbo 20...would i only have to pay 60.95?

So essentially it would cost a bit cheaper but i get the extra 6mbps? So i would be stupid not to switch over?

Thats correct. I went to a storefront and swapped the modem out myself and WAS NOT charged a fee. However, they're are some people on this forum that say Cogeco will charge you even if you bring the modem in yourself. Me and a buddy did this, and were not charged. It can't hurt to try, especially for a dollar less and the bump in speed. Don't forget that the upload goes from 1 to 1.5 up on the turbo 20 as well.

Shyte

cruisx

join:2009-10-25
reply to cruisx

So an update, went to a cogeco outlet today in Milton, ON and the guy was pretty chill and asked me if i knew the price of the turbo 20 and i told him and he said no problem and just handed me the new modem and took the old one. Simple as that no fee =)

Cant complain with an extra 6mbps and a cheaper price.

MisterMom8

join:2004-09-08
Kingston, ON

If like myself you have Cogeco phone service the modem is locked to the cable with a hardware device, i would have to have a service call to swap modems.

Shyte
Premium
join:2002-02-27
NF, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to cruisx

said by cruisx:

So an update, went to a cogeco outlet today in Milton, ON and the guy was pretty chill and asked me if i knew the price of the turbo 20 and i told him and he said no problem and just handed me the new modem and took the old one. Simple as that no fee =)

Cant complain with an extra 6mbps and a cheaper price.

Thanks for the update. So it looks like I wasn't making 'the no fee' story up lol

Shyte

KrustyWalnut

join:2004-04-12
Oakville

I thought the same when I swapped out my modem at the store, no mention of a charge, however when I get my next bill there was a $50 dollar swap charge? The only reason I swapped the modem was because the Turbo14 modem was acting up, if I knew there was a charge then I wouldn't have switched. Now I've got to call back and complain, worst case I'll go back to turbo14 and get them to refund the charge.

KrustyWalnut

join:2004-04-12
Oakville

Kudos to Cogeco for giving a credit.