how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

1 edit

Can't pause live TV from remote STB with MRDVR?

I just called and had a CSR enable MRDVR yesterday (it would not let me do it via the DVR menu). I can now remotely access recorded content from the only DVR in the house, which is 7232. This is good but not the main reason I decided to go with MRDVR.

The primary reason for turning on the service is actually to pause live TV and pick it up in another room at will. I'm not able to do this, even after resetting the boxes, running the "auto-fix MRDVR issues" option, etc. I also do not see a list of boxes when I use the "refresh devices" option.

Has anyone else encountered these issues and is there a simple fix trhat I'm missing? BTW, all three remote boxes are Motorola 7100 P2 series.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
You cannot pause live TV on any boxes other than the DVR itself. You can only pause recorded programs.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
Hey Matt. Thanks for the quick reply, since this was driving me a bit crazy.

So let me ask you another question, which the FiOS ads seemed to imply was doable.

I tried to pause live TV on the DVR itself which is in my bedroom and then pick it up in the den. Is that possible? I was not able to do this either, so now I'm wondering if I also need a DVR in the den to perform this function? I guess I have to read the fine print on some of these ads more carefully, which seem a bit misleading! :-(

I guess I'll have to see if I want to keep it after the 3 months free trial expires.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
You can only resume live TV from another box if you are currently recording the show, and even then sometimes you might have to start the show from the beginning and fast forward to where you left off.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
Thanks. I guess it's "works as designed" then. Not what I expected but good to know and understand how it works today.

ftaok

@dupont.com
What you can do on the STB is to initiate a recording on the DVR, then watch the recording as it happens. There will be a slight lag, but that's probably not a big issue. Just hit the record button on the remote and you'll be prompted for which DVR you want to record on. Then go into the DVR menu and select the new recording.

The only downside is if you already have two shows recording on the DVR, then you can't do this.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
Great feedback! That will at least allow me to pause in most cases. Not perfect but a good work around anyway.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
reply to matcarl
Quick follow up question.

I'm thinking of getting a second DVR to enable pausing capabilities, since starting a record session on the remote DVR to allow this is not always possible. With MRDVR enabled, when you press the DVR button on the remote, do you see all recording on both boxes or do you have to select a box and then see the recordings for that device?

Is there a bundle price for two DVRs?

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
You have to select the DVR first then you see the recordings on it. THey aren't blended.

Don't think there's a bundle for that.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
Good to know. Thanks!