spc
uniqs

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to robertf390_t

to robertf390_t

Re: BBC America HD coming?

Not sure if anyone else saw Copper, but I wasn't very impressed. Given the names involved behind the camera, I thought it would be better. The sets looked great, as did the costumes. However, the lack of authentic accents were plain pathetic. I simply hate that. Including star Tom Weston-Jones, a Brit, speaking with a bland modern American accent? As bad as Gangs of New York was, at least Scorsese got the period accents and language right.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

said by Greg2600:

Not sure if anyone else saw Copper, but I wasn't very impressed.

Yes, but I can name quite a few great series that have had an inauspicious opening episode.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to Greg2600

to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

Not sure if anyone else saw Copper, but I wasn't very impressed. Given the names involved behind the camera, I thought it would be better. The sets looked great, as did the costumes. However, the lack of authentic accents were plain pathetic. I simply hate that. Including star Tom Weston-Jones, a Brit, speaking with a bland modern American accent? As bad as Gangs of New York was, at least Scorsese got the period accents and language right.

I was going to check it out but after seeing the lukewarm reviews it got I decided to pass...plus Sunday nights are already filled up with Breaking Bad, True Blood and Falling Skies

lakerfan82
join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA

lakerfan82

Verizon claims they will be adding BBC HD VOD Folder soon, so in theory you should be able to catch up...
lakerfan82

lakerfan82

BBC HD VOD folder is now live although quite disorganized...

webcobbler
@verizon.net

webcobbler

Anon

There is no BBC America HD Folder here in VHO 7, as of now.