share rss forum feed

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

[D3 hack] Six different D3 chars have same BiS item

Why pay millions of virtual gold/hundreds of dollars when you can just cheat your way to BiS? Also, if people are duping Blizzard out of thousands of dollars, does the FBI/Secret Service get involved in the money laundering/counterfeiting aspect?

Blizzard really has not thought through the RMAH at all...

said by Tom's Hardware :

Six Different Diablo III Characters Have Same Exact Item
Has the Diablo III character profiles finally given up some real evidence of duping?

Last week, Blizzard unveiled its Diablo III Battle.net character profiles. Whether you want to showcase your character or not, this system allows anybody with your unique BattleTag to look up and inspect your characters. Thanks to the new system and a few zealous Diablo III players, we may finally have hard evidence to prove that some sort of duping is going on inside of the game.

Last month, several screenshots appeared online allegedly showing a number of duped bows on the in-game auction house. Shortly after, a group named "Team Vietnahm" claimed responsibility for it, but little details surrounding the possible dupe were available. Now, it looks like there may be more proof of duped items thanks to the recently released character profiles.

Battle.net forum user mcstew posted:

»us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/liem···18254046
»us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/leej···14708745
»us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/insa···11671090
»us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mose···ero/8430
»us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Faet···22731568
»us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pass···/4952195

Check out their Offhand "Arcanum mind". Probably one of the best sources in the game. Worth 500mill++

--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
That doesn't necessarily prove he's cheating, does it? Maybe he's just a good farmer.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
Statistics say this is more likely to be cheating than not.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Dissembled
said by Dissembled:

That doesn't necessarily prove he's cheating, does it? Maybe he's just a good farmer.

No, the chance of an item with the same name dropping six times with the exact same stats is virtually nill.

Others claimed it was possible these items dropped with the same stats, but another forum poster Vadoff decided to put the math together, revealing the probability for just one exact duplicate would be something along the lines of 1 in 4,784,474,572,579,344,957,650,000,000,000. The actual numbers may be different but it's probably safe to say the chance of this exact item dropping separate six times is unlikely.

--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.
Expand your moderator at work

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

Re: [D3 hack] Six different D3 chars have same BiS item

Dubs

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
But we need to be online ALL THE TIME so our gears are secure!!!

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Krisnatharok
Maybe he just bought them from the AH.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by Dissembled:

Maybe he just bought them from the AH.

You didn't see the odds of an exact duplicate dropping anywhere in the game? Let alone six.

You have a better chance of an alien killing you with his UFO as he lands on earth to declare his peaceful intentions towards mankind by giving us free warp drive and fusion technology.
--

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Krisnatharok
Blizzard is well aware of duping going on, I'm sure.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

You have a better chance of an alien killing you with his UFO as he lands on earth to declare his peaceful intentions towards mankind by giving us free warp drive and fusion technology.

Who HASN'T had that happen seven times already?

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
reply to Krisnatharok
There was duping going on in this thread!

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok
The chances of Krisnatharok having a duplicate post anywhere on the DSLR forums is 1 in 3,685,402,102,251

Something smells fishy.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Dissembled
Either you're worried about being caught duping items and thus trying to justify long odds, or you went through high school math with an ice pick in your frontal lobe. And if you're just trolling, I'm still going with the ice pick theory.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

ohh

join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA
reply to Krisnatharok
I think D3 should get hacked to shit. At least more people would have better items and therefore more fun because your character depends 100% entirely on items. No skill tree reminiscent to diablo 2, no stats to add, no breakpoints to pay attention to. No build variation. No pvp, no... etc.

Diablo 3 looks like it will go the way of Dungeon Defenders in terms of hacked items. You will have people running around with weapons that have damage stats in the millions on them. (assuming people will learn how to import items.. only time will tell).

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
Please think before you post.

Do you really think Blizzard....BLIZZARD...is going to allow something like that to happen? As Drew mentioned, I would bet testicles that Blizzard was aware of the duping before anyone else was, or very shortly thereafter, and will not let it go on into some catastrophic game killing issue.

There is more riding on the development of D3 than just these items. Real money is involved, and when money is involved, I guarantee the scrutiny on a lot of what goes on in this game is intense.

D3 may have its issues, but there is no way in hell anything you put in your post happens...and as to hoping the game gets 'hacked to shit', you essentially just want God Mode...that's fun for about 20 min or so.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

ohh

San Jose, CA
Koil, as I said time will tell. You have to keep in mind blizzard is constantly battling hackers and farmers. Many fanboys and people who who still like d3 for whatever reason will be willing to buy gold and gear from whomever sells it the cheapest. Not everyone wants to sit and farm for hours on end.

Also who is to say it isn't already a game killing issue? Do we know how many items got duped/sold? How much "illegal gold" has been purchased? I think it all depends on who you ask.

It is an arms race between blizz and hackers to make cash and exploit the best they can. Either way I'm going to laugh if that shit happens to that extent.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
But just as they were to supposedly ID the duped items, I guarantee there is a flag somewhere that flipped right up and was brought to attention as soon as dupe ID was found in the database. I GUARANTEE IT. My job is relational databases, it's what I do...I guarantee they have a table somewhere with a unique primary index of all the item ID's in game, and as soon as there is a duplicate of that item...it breaks the rules of the table, and the database either pukes or cries for help.

This also isn't the first time that duping has been an issue in an MMO, and there are postmortem lessons learned out the ass by those types of incidents, DR fixes that are created, best practices that are learned, processes that are created and on and on and on.

Don't be fooled that, since Blizzard is a gaming company, that their inside rules of the road differ from any large corporation. You may not have had exposure to this, depending on your line of work and I mean no disrespect by that, but I do...I deal with it everyday, and it would completely blow my mind to know that Blizzard wasn't aware of the duping, don't have a way to track it, and while they may not yet have a way to stop it, they're probably very aware of how it happens and who is doing it. If, by some chance, they don't...then shame on them, because there is no reason that it shouldn't be extremely traceable.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

ohh

San Jose, CA
All I have to say is time will tell all stories.

Also you are probably a competent worker. Blizzard? So far with D3? Ehhhhhh... It is all just opinion though.