uniqs

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to DGGSLF

Premium Member

to DGGSLF

Re: Can't pause live TV from remote STB with MRDVR?

You can only resume live TV from another box if you are currently recording the show, and even then sometimes you might have to start the show from the beginning and fast forward to where you left off.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

Thanks. I guess it's "works as designed" then. Not what I expected but good to know and understand how it works today.

ftaok
@dupont.com

ftaok

Anon

What you can do on the STB is to initiate a recording on the DVR, then watch the recording as it happens. There will be a slight lag, but that's probably not a big issue. Just hit the record button on the remote and you'll be prompted for which DVR you want to record on. Then go into the DVR menu and select the new recording.

The only downside is if you already have two shows recording on the DVR, then you can't do this.
DGGSLF
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

Great feedback! That will at least allow me to pause in most cases. Not perfect but a good work around anyway.
DGGSLF

DGGSLF to matcarl

to matcarl
Quick follow up question.

I'm thinking of getting a second DVR to enable pausing capabilities, since starting a record session on the remote DVR to allow this is not always possible. With MRDVR enabled, when you press the DVR button on the remote, do you see all recording on both boxes or do you have to select a box and then see the recordings for that device?

Is there a bundle price for two DVRs?
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

You have to select the DVR first then you see the recordings on it. THey aren't blended.

Don't think there's a bundle for that.
DGGSLF
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

Good to know. Thanks!