spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Lunalily84

@in-addr.arpa

why are my shows 3 hours early on the dish?!

I live in California and we had wonderful Comcast before and for reasons beyond my control where i live they got the dish.... I first noticed the problem the next morning when i turned on TNT and it was 8am and Charmed was usually on. But instead it was Las Vegas that starts 3 hours later! So I even missed Supernatural.. And in case your wondering im 27 and just happen to love Charmed and Supernatural..lol..Anyway.. I cannot understand why they would have east coast times ....and no one cares?!why is it like this?! So even when TNT advertises that a show will be on at 9pm... Its not.. Its 3 hours earlier.. Lame! As soon as i move im back with good old Comcast! With my on demand.. And regular show times.. Oh and now if i wanted to watch charmed, i would have to be up at 4am! Just changed to 7am and im stuck in this weird dish time warp. I hate the dish!

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

Both dish and directv use the east coast feeds for the non-local/national channels.

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
reply to Lunalily84

Everyone knows that East Coast is better!

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:2
reply to Lunalily84

Cable operators in the west often use the WEST coast feed for the channel, essentially delaying everything for 3 hours.

This is actually one of the things I love about DirecTV (or Dish which does the same) that it shows us the east coast feeds. We don't have to wait three hours for shows, and they start at 5 or 6 PM instead of 8 or 9 PM at night, which means I could start watching them from my DVR right after dinner.

Sure, I guess that sucks if you are a MORNING TV viewer, but if you have a DVR it's a godsend.

I wish they did this with national broadcast networks too so we got the Olympics and such at the same time as the East instead of on a 3 hour delay.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to Lunalily84

said by Lunalily84 :

we had wonderful Comcast before

"wonderful"? ... really?
I had some permutation of Comcast for 35 years prior to UPGRADING to DirecTV and I can think of a lot of descriptions for Comcast, but "wonderful" is certainly NOT one of them.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member

join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL
Reviews:
·Knology

said by newview:

said by Lunalily84 :

we had wonderful Comcast before

"wonderful? ... really?
I had some permutation of Comcast for 35 years prior to UPGRADING to DirecTV and I can think of a lot of descriptions for Comcast, but "wonderful" is certainly NOT one of them.

I'm thinking the same thing. I had Comcast when they were the only ones in town but when Knology built-out here in 2000, I switched and haven't looked back. I have D* for tv now but still use K* for phone/net. Only way I'd use Comcast again was if they were the only ones to survive the nuclear fallout!
--
Certified Jenius!

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to obeythelaw

said by obeythelaw:

Everyone knows that East Coast is better!

One common misconception is that when 'The Big One' strikes, California will fall into the Pacific Ocean. It is rarely mentioned outside of geologic circles, due to the panic which would be caused if this got out: When 'The Big One' strikes, everything east of the San Andreas fault will fall into the Atlantic Ocean; sending a wall of water eastward which will inundate Europe to the Alps!
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

That's just something they tell people in CA to calm them.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
reply to Lunalily84

Satellite is a limited resource... there are some channels they have e&w feeds for. Mostly premiums, and even then usually only the main channel.

There just is not the transponder space to dup every channel.
--

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL
reply to newview

said by newview:

"wonderful? ... really?

Yeah REALLY!!!
--

BuckarooB
Beware Lectroids from PlanetX
Premium
join:2001-10-27
Cloverdale, VA

lol... when did they change their name to comcast? I always thought they were called ComCrap...
--
"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are!!"

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL

said by BuckarooB:

lol... when did they change their name to comcast? I always thought they were called ComCrap...

I favored Cumcast
--