All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
myersw
join:2008-07-12
Huntington Woods, MI

myersw to NormanS

to NormanS

Re: how do i lose signal when I have cable tv?

said by NormanS:

said by WhyMe420:

lol @ you taking me literally. Point was most of the lines are old and barely kept up.

I still dispute that. If U-verse is available, AT&T has spent capital on infrastructure upgrades. They might skimp on F1 spans where U-verse isn't offered, and F2 spans which aren't tied to VRADS. But if there is U-verse, the copper has been worked over. As I said, AT&T upgraded the F2 span in my old neighborhood. Replaced a 50-pair span with a 100-pair span to allow enough pairs for pair-bonded IPDSLAM service.

etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin

said by myersw:

said by NormanS:

said by WhyMe420:

lol @ you taking me literally. Point was most of the lines are old and barely kept up.

I still dispute that. If U-verse is available, AT&T has spent capital on infrastructure upgrades. They might skimp on F1 spans where U-verse isn't offered, and F2 spans which aren't tied to VRADS. But if there is U-verse, the copper has been worked over. As I said, AT&T upgraded the F2 span in my old neighborhood. Replaced a 50-pair span with a 100-pair span to allow enough pairs for pair-bonded IPDSLAM service.

I know many parts of Texas that have uverse (internet only) that never received any 'infrastructure' upgrades. One day at&t decided to switch all of their ADSL users to uverse internet without doing anything to their lines.

Some of those places are Corpus Christi and the rio grande valley area.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Cable tv is transmitted using a combination fiber coax system.

So yes, Uverse IS cable tv, only it used ancient twisted pair coax instead of the newer stuff cable uses, and they cheap out on their installs.

And uverse uses iptv
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2 to myersw

to myersw
in most areas they never connected to any of the new cable that a contractor installed it is like this all over. you are right they did run the backbone cable but without connecting most of it what the use

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Metatron2008

MVM

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

Cable tv is transmitted using a combination fiber coax system.

So yes, Uverse IS cable tv, only it used ancient twisted pair coax instead of the newer stuff cable uses, and they cheap out on their installs.

And uverse uses iptv

Coax is almost as old as twisted pair! First patented within five years of Alexander G. Bell's telephony patent.

ADSL, OTOH is almost as new as DOCSIS; also just a few years apart.
DRNewcomb
join:2012-07-25
Long Beach, MS

DRNewcomb

said by NormanS:

Coax is almost as old as twisted pair! First patented within five years of Alexander G. Bell's telephony patent.

Yeah but twisted pair goes back to the days of the telegraph.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by DRNewcomb:

said by NormanS:

Yeah but twisted pair goes back to the days of the telegraph.

Not. Telegraph didn't require any twist in the pair at all.