spc
Search similar:

uniqs

usry723
join:2009-04-09
Augusta, GA

usry723

beIN Sport USA

So, who else is missing the start of La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, etc. because Comcast hasn't picked up this new Soccer channel?

Obviously this is going to be a long drawn out battle to get it onto the Comcast channel lineup. Although with it being owned by Al Jazeera it might not ever be added.
RalphKramden
join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA

RalphKramden

As long as you pay for access and I don't, I wish you the best of luck.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by RalphKramden:

As long as you pay for access and I don't, I wish you the best of luck.

wrong poster
Caddyroger

Caddyroger to usry723

Premium Member

to usry723
said by usry723:

So, who else is missing the start of La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, etc. because Comcast hasn't picked up this new Soccer channel?

Obviously this is going to be a long drawn out battle to get it onto the Comcast channel lineup. Although with it being owned by Al Jazeera it might not ever be added.

People that does not like sports should not paying for it. This is for espn also. I do have the Sports entertain package so I am paying for the sports.

Xaviesta
@comcast.net

Xaviesta to usry723

Anon

to usry723
I have good news for you my friend!

"Comcast is currently working with beIN Sports so that we can offer more European soccer to Xfinity customers. We will keep you up-to-date."

www.twitter.com/comcastcares

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

SCHWEEET!

usry723
Augusta, GA

usry723 to Xaviesta

to Xaviesta
Yeah. I won't hold my breath. I'm still waiting on FSCHD and GOLTV HD.

I'll settle for just the SD version but I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

Also all of the USA's away World Cup qualifiers will be on this channel. I am not happy.

kparks
@allegisgroup.com

kparks to Xaviesta

Anon

to Xaviesta
How do you know that Comcast is partnering with beIN to work this out? Do you know what the timeline is? i am hurting without la liga.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

I've been following numerous people on Twitter - definitely looks like negotiations are in progress and are serious.

Throw in beIN's big US Men's National team announcement today, Comcast needs to get this done.

Even if it's only SD to start - but seeing they have gobs of capacity right now to add channels - it'd be sweet to see the HD as well. They could slot it right above GOL TV HD at 1514 - and have a soccer QAM! (FSC/GOL/beIN)

kparks
@allegisgroup.com

kparks

Anon

who are you following on twitter? what are they saying?

Xaviesta
@myvzw.com

Xaviesta to kparks

Anon

to kparks
wwe.twitter.com/Comcastcares

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

This just tweeted by beINSport1USA 10 minutes ago:

"Good news for Xfinity/Comcast customers. Stay tuned for more updates - and as always, we appreciate your patience".

NICE!

kparks
@allegisgroup.com

kparks

Anon

I don't have twitter are they saying anything else. ???Please keep updating this forum. i need the details.

rej4sl
join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN

rej4sl

Yahoo Sports was reporting that as of Wednesday afternoon there are hints that a deal between Comcast and BeIn is close to being signed. They also mentioned this weekend in passing. I will take that with a pinch of salt until I see it.

usry723
Augusta, GA

usry723

"@svertgoalcom A source tells me that @beINSport1USA will be available on Comcast in the coming weeks"

rej4sl
Minneapolis, MN

rej4sl to usry723

to usry723
Wonder how fast the negotiations will go now that bein has the rights to USMT road games. The next game is on September 7 so unless it is on Comcast before then we will miss out on the qualifier .......
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

Seriously why do we need more soccer channels? It's not even a popular sport in this country? I wasn't raised on soccer, I've tried to follow it, but the low (very low) scoring games are maddening.

rej4sl
Minneapolis, MN

rej4sl

You could say, why do we need so many x channels. Each of us likes a lot of different things. And in this world it is fair to let each person have the share of the pie.

The only soccer channel on Comcast is Fox Soccer Channel. The reason we want this channel is because a lot of contracts have been awarded to BeIn Sport so we want to ensure we can continue to watch.

There are a myriad of other channels you can watch. And football (soccer) is the most popular game in the world/

ric
@spcsdns.net

ric to Acct101

Anon

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

Seriously why do we need more soccer channels? It's not even a popular sport in this country? I wasn't raised on soccer, I've tried to follow it, but the low (very low) scoring games are maddening.

Seriously why we need american football(throwball) channels.
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q to rej4sl

to rej4sl
said by rej4sl:

The only soccer channel on Comcast is Fox Soccer Channel.

I thought GOL TV was a soccer channel? I have that on my comcast channel lineup (along with FSC).

ric
@comcast.net

ric

Anon

said by The Q:

said by rej4sl:

The only soccer channel on Comcast is Fox Soccer Channel.

I thought GOL TV was a soccer channel? I have that on my comcast channel lineup (along with FSC).

Gol Tv is soccer channel but it is part of spanish package

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz (wrong answer!!)

Gol TV and Gol TV HD is not part of a spanish package. I have the Triple Play and receive it. Otherwise (from what I know) it's part of the Sports and Entertainment package if you don't receive it otherwise.

Acct-
Believe me, there are a lot more soccer fans in the US than you think. I'll be with 18,499 of them tomorrow night at PPL Park to watch the Union. Come on down and check it out!

usry723
Augusta, GA

usry723

Comcast wouldn't be caving this quick if their weren't a ton of soccer fans hassling them about the channel.
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q

said by usry723:

Comcast wouldn't be caving this quick if their weren't a ton of soccer fans hassling them about the channel.

Is there a deal with comcast to carry beIn Sport?

usry723
Augusta, GA

usry723

Not yet but several people who would know hinting that a deal is close. Plus you have both sides saying they are working together. How often do you see Comcast actually come out and address a single channel?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

According to this article just out on the Multichannel News site, the deal with Comcast could be announced as soon as today:

BeIN Sports Nearing Comcast Carriage Pact: Sources
By Mike Reynolds, Multichannel News - August 23, 2012
»www.multichannel.com/art ··· rces.php

usry723
Augusta, GA

usry723

That's good news. I'm praying that they get at least the SD channel on everyone's lineup before the USA's game against Jamaica. But you never know. I'm still waiting on FSC HD in my area.

Eggman10
@myvzw.com

Eggman10 to ric

Anon

to ric
GOL TV and FSC are part of my $8 a month sports package on Comcast. Don't need to get the whole Spanish package.

ric
@comcast.net

ric to SeattleMatt

Anon

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz (wrong answer!!)

Gol TV and Gol TV HD is not part of a spanish package. I have the Triple Play and receive it. Otherwise (from what I know) it's part of the Sports and Entertainment package if you don't receive it otherwise.

Acct-
Believe me, there are a lot more soccer fans in the US than you think. I'll be with 18,499 of them tomorrow night at PPL Park to watch the Union. Come on down and check it out!

At least in Colorado Gol TV is part of spanish package.
FYI I have all channels (some of them you can't even get)
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

1 recommendation

Os to Acct101

to Acct101
Soccer fans are a disproportionate number of the people online who make channel requests. The same with sci-fi fans.

The general public is not clamoring for BBC America or soccer the way you see it on the internet.

beIN is an extremely niche channel.