telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

1 edit
reply to rej4sl

Re: beIN Sport USA

Here's a "tentative launch schedule" that someone posted this morning to the “BEIN SPORT USA” thread in the Comcast Help and Support Forum (»forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-a···7#M25130 ):

From Comcast,
Tentative Launch Schedule

The Spanish SD Version of beIN Sports will be added to MultiLatino and Sports Entertainment Package (SEP) channel lineups on the following dates:

September 5 - Heartland [Region] begins rollout (due to a system upgrade, parts of Indiana will not launch until September 12) and New England

September 6 - Beltway [Region], Freedom [Region], Atlanta, Charleston, Chicago, Nashville, Savanna, South Florida, Southwest Florida, California, Denver, Portland, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Tucson, Twin Cities

September 12 - Indiana areas: Columbus, Connersville, Crawfordsville, Indianapolis, Lawrenceburg, Muncie, Rushville, Seymour and Shelbyville

So only Spanish and SD version for now. Thats comcast for you!

Mgsports

join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS

1 edit
reply to usry723
Where's the BeIN Sports 2 channel list?

Olathe/MO are missing from that list so is Orlando when other parts of Florida are on it. Orlando and Olathe/MO need their own Regions and Headends.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
reply to telcodad
My God - that is ridiculous. The Spanish channel isn't carrying the USMNT.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
Well - it's official.

I am baffled by this decision.

Let's make a big PR splash that you're carrying the network, then, rush to add the channel - but then only the SD version - AND most importantly of all - add the Spanish version of the station that won't even be showing the USMNT qualifying match live, but we'll throw out there that we're rushing to add it before the qualifiers.

(smacks head)

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

2 edits
Here is the latest update from Comcast that was just posted to the "PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORT USA" thread in the Comcast Help and Support Forum (»forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-a···5#M25286 ):

edited 09-04-2012 03:09 PM

Thanks for your continued patience.

As stated earlier:

Comcast has signed a deal with beIN SPORT and we will soon be able to offer more European soccer to XFINITY customers. We will be launching the Spanish feed to both MultiLatino and Sports Entertainment packages in the majority of our areas coming early in September. The English-language version will be added to select lineups at a later date.

We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content and programming that our customers want the most.

Just as a general update:

The Spanish standard definition version of beIN Sports is expected to be added to MultiLatino and Sports Entertainment Package channel lineups on the following dates and in the following general locations:

Starting September 5: New England area, Kentucky, Michigan

Starting September 6: Philadelphia area, NJ, DE, MD, Washington, DC area, Atlanta, Charleston, Chicago, Nashville, Savannah, South Florida, Southwest Florida, California, Denver, Portland, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Tucson, Twin Cities (MN)

Starting September 7: West, NE and Central PA, western WV, OH

Starting September 12: Indiana (Columbus, Connersville, Crawfordsville, Indianapolis, Lawrenceburg, Muncie, Rushville, Seymour and Shelbyville)

The above schedule is tentative and is subject to change. Additional locations may be announced at a later date. Some channel numbers below:

California, channel 651
Oregon, channel 643
Twin Cities, channel 604
Washington, channel 785

EDIT:

FYI - Here is an initial schedule that was later posted by Comcast in that thread (»forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-a···5#M25310 ):

Coverage of the USA/Jamaica World Cup Qualifier game on Friday is not scheduled to be available live on the Spanish-language version of beIN that Comcast is scheduled to launch starting this week.

Below is the World Cup Qualifying lineup for Friday, September 7 into Saturday, September 8 that is scheduled on beIN Sport en Espanol. (Times listed are ET)

4:30pm LIVE Columbia vs. Uruguay
7:00pm LIVE Argentina vs. Paraguay
9:15pm LIVE Peru vs. Venezuela

11:30pm Delay: Jamaica vs. USA
1:30am Delay: Ecuador vs. Bolivia
3:30am Delay: Cuba vs. Honduras

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN

1 recommendation

I don't for the life of me understand why they are launching the Spanish version first.
The USMNT games are on BeIN 1 USA not BeIN Spanish. It does not make sense.
I have asked them many times and just get the reply that BeIN Spanish is launching now and English later.

There does not seem to be any sane reason.

Mgsports

Olathe, KS
reply to usry723
So Orlando and Olathe/MO at a later date or will be added without telling us.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
Latest explanation for why Spanish - with Comcast feedback:

»www.philly.com/philly/blogs/theg···tter.com
--

Mgsports

Olathe, KS
reply to usry723
It's a wait and see for all Comcast.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE

Channel 583 in DE

Had a STB message this morning regarding beINSport (Spanish)-

Launching 9/6 on Channel 583 (which puts it right before Fox Sports Deportes and Gol TV)
--

Mgsports

Olathe, KS
reply to usry723

BEIN HD in spanish can be seeing ch-726 in the Boston metro area.

brianaganad wrote:

Has anybody heard of an estimated arrival date for the English version of BeIN Sports? It is great they have added the Spanish version this month, however, I am more ineterested in watching football in English. I'm assuming the English version of the channel will be added shortly after but I could be wrong. I hope "at a later date" doesn't mean years from now. If anybody has any addtional information that would be great.

Thanks,

Brian

I talked to a Comcast rep today and she said that they planned to add the English version by the end of September. I too obviously would like the English version, even though I hate Ray Hudson, but that's not very important to me. My absolute priority is HD. I am just waiting until it's added on Thursday so I can see how good the SD picture is. If it's the same unwatchable disgusting quality as GolTV I'm gone to DirectTV. I don't have to put up with Comcast's low standard outdated service considering the insane amount of money I'm paying them every month. They better tell us when they plan to add it in HD. Watching sports in SD quality just does not cut it at this day and age especially with so many better options available for the consumer.

mount laurel

@comcast.net
My TIVO just added BEIN2 to channel 583 on the Garden State, NJ system. Not activated by comcast yet.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE

2 edits
Live in DE on 583 (217 MHz)

PQ isn't terrible for SD, however I can't understand a word they were saying.

PhillyJim

join:2008-05-13
Philadelphia, PA
reply to usry723
Channel is live in Philly Area 4 on channel 583 (141Mhz for those keeping track).

usry723

join:2009-04-09
Augusta, GA
reply to JeepMatt
Not on here in Augusta. Which isn't surprising. They don't consider us a big market apparently. We have have 2 horse racing channels and 2 hunting/fishing channels but not the channel that shows USA World Cup qualifiers.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to JeepMatt

BIG NEWS

Okay, it was to me - maybe not to some..

For the new beIN Sport Spanish channel...

If you go into your STB Menu, Audio Setup, and change the Default to "English" - you'll hear the station in English!

They actually set it up with an English 2nd audio feed!

Props go out to the poster on the Comcast.net forum for announcing this!

**NOTE** Also, despite this being an SD channel - my STB is showing it being sent as a 16x9 720/480 station....

Mgsports

Olathe, KS
reply to usry723

Bein Sport ñ is live in the Bay Area, and it's in beautiful HD -- I expect to see pigs fly nex

BeIN Sport 2 just launched in Minneapolis. Now we wait for BeIN Sport 1 in HD

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
When will theyy add usa?

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
While we won't be able to see the USMNT match live tomorrow night - the fact that you can actually listen to this version in English pretty much satisfies me for the time being.....
--

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN
reply to usry723
The thing being is BeIN 1 and BeIN2 have different schedules. Although the ability to listen to this channel in English does alleviate things a lot. As long as BeIN 1 comes soon I will cope. It just depends if BeIN win the EPL contract if they do I will be yelling for BeIN 1 in English and HD ....

ALON

@sbcglobal.net
Just found the Spanish Handel of bein sport in Miami , is on number 621 on Comcast

Chad473

join:2007-12-18
Lancaster, PA
got word from a friend that it was added in Lancaster PA. Not showing up on mine in Elizabethtown though. Was planning on calling them anyway since espn goal line has yet to show up on my cable card even though it was added last week.

aguiar0016

join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA
reply to usry723
Is the channel actually showing any content right now for anyone??

I have the channel but no guide information or anything actually showing on the channel.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Yep - i've been watching it all day (I work remotely from home)

It's fantastic.
--

Mgsports

Olathe, KS
reply to usry723
Olathe only has it in Spanish/Latino Tier at the moment.

gt1racer

join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA
reply to usry723
726 here in Fall River, all it says is BeIN Sport from 4am to 4am

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
According to comcast teds on the xfinity forums they have let beinsport know about the guide issue and they are supposed to be working to get us useable guide data.

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
reply to usry723
Of course i'll be away from home tonight and without the guide I can't set the recording.
I'll need to call them if the channel itself isn't coming in.

usry723

join:2009-04-09
Augusta, GA
You should be able to set a manual recording if you can get home.
---------

I'm guessing I won't get either channel here in Augusta for some time. That's about the norm for our area. We're good enough to test equipment for Comcast but not good enough to get a decent selection of channels.

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
I won't be home. And the channel isn't showing any programming right now for me. 2 different issues.