how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ALON

@sbcglobal.net
reply to rej4sl

Re: beIN Sport USA

Just found the Spanish Handel of bein sport in Miami , is on number 621 on Comcast

Chad473

join:2007-12-18
Lancaster, PA
got word from a friend that it was added in Lancaster PA. Not showing up on mine in Elizabethtown though. Was planning on calling them anyway since espn goal line has yet to show up on my cable card even though it was added last week.

aguiar0016

join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA
reply to usry723
Is the channel actually showing any content right now for anyone??

I have the channel but no guide information or anything actually showing on the channel.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Yep - i've been watching it all day (I work remotely from home)

It's fantastic.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Mgsports

join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS
reply to usry723
Olathe only has it in Spanish/Latino Tier at the moment.

gt1racer

join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA
reply to usry723
726 here in Fall River, all it says is BeIN Sport from 4am to 4am

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
According to comcast teds on the xfinity forums they have let beinsport know about the guide issue and they are supposed to be working to get us useable guide data.

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
reply to usry723
Of course i'll be away from home tonight and without the guide I can't set the recording.
I'll need to call them if the channel itself isn't coming in.

usry723

join:2009-04-09
Augusta, GA
You should be able to set a manual recording if you can get home.
---------

I'm guessing I won't get either channel here in Augusta for some time. That's about the norm for our area. We're good enough to test equipment for Comcast but not good enough to get a decent selection of channels.

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
I won't be home. And the channel isn't showing any programming right now for me. 2 different issues.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to Chad473
said by Chad473:

got word from a friend that it was added in Lancaster PA. Not showing up on mine in Elizabethtown though. Was planning on calling them anyway since espn goal line has yet to show up on my cable card even though it was added last week.

FYI - I don't know if this includes you, but this item on the Patriot-News site says that it just became available today in Central PA ("Harrisburg, Hershey and Mechanicsburg areas") on Channel 581: »blog.pennlive.com/fanbox/2012/09···_in.html

Chad473

Lancaster, PA
does anyone running a cable card setup (tivo or htpc) have this? According to everything I've seen, along with phone and forum interactions with comcast employees, it should have been added in Mt. Joy today. I'm getting nothing in my guide and I can't tune 581 directly either. The phone rep said that he couldn't see any guide data until 11:30 (when the WCQ game is on), so he guessed that it might go live then. I find that extremely hard to believe, since I've always known channel additions to pop up in the middle of the night. I'm quite sure there's not some poor sap just sitting around waiting to flip a switch at 11:30.

Guess I'll put on my pirate hat tonight.

mahlon

join:2008-06-29
Monterey, CA
reply to mikedz4
Good question! I'm wondering the same thing, it was a nasty surprise to tune in expecting one match, and see another, feels like bait-and switch. It's hard to be upset over something I've only had for a day...but still, at least get the guide right!

--Mahlon in Alameda--

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
reply to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

According to comcast teds on the xfinity forums they have let beinsport know about the guide issue and they are supposed to be working to get us useable guide data.

Yes, and as ComcastTeds also said there this afternoon:

In the meantime, below is a good place to get the accurate listings (using the right hand side of the page):

»www.beinsport.tv/grid.html

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
FYI - An article with the latest status on Comcast adding beIN Sport's English language channel (at least in the Philadelphia area):

Comcast doesn’t care: No live USA v Antigua broadcast for area subscribers
By Ed Farnsworth, The Philly Soccer Page - October 9, 2012
»www.phillysoccerpage.net/2012/10···cribers/

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Hhahah - I may (or may not) be in the comments section...
--

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
Hmmm, well there was a comment by a "JeepMattDE" who said he lives in "North Wilmington," but I think that was just a crazy coincidence.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
Heh. Wow - he must live close to me.

Well, in all honesty, it is a shame that they haven't been able to add the English version of this channel - I mean hell, even if it's only SD.

They have tons of capacity -and the PR splash from a month or so ago was so misleading. They could've saved some face between the 9/9 games and the one coming up this weekend.

Overall it's just an example of awful handling and communication to your customers.
--

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
An article on the Sports Illustrated site today:

BeIN Sport growth raises questions over future of soccer on U.S. TV
By Grant Wahl, SI.com - October 12, 2012
»sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w···barbuda/

From the article:
While beIN Sport hopes to expand its reach on U.S. platforms in the months and years ahead, it isn't easy for all U.S. soccer fans right now to get the network in their homes. Both beIN Sport channels are currently available on the top two satellite providers, DirecTV (in HD) and DISH (in SD), while Comcast, the nation's largest cable provider, is carrying only beIN Sport's Spanish-language channel for now in SD (on its sports entertainment and Hispanic tiers). That means Comcast subscribers will not be able to see the Antigua and Barbuda-U.S. game live. (BeIN Sport's Spanish channel is airing the game on tape delay on Saturday at 3 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET.)

If you don't have a satellite provider, your best bet to see the U.S. game live is to go to a sports bar that has one. Comcast spokesman Peter Dobrow told me his company plans on rolling out beIN Sport's English-language channel in local markets in the months ahead (but only in SD for now).

Al Obaidly said more than 13 million U.S. homes (out of an available 54 million) are now receiving the beIN Sport signal. "We want to make this product available to everybody," he said. "You know how complex the distribution market is within the United States and how crowded it is. We're in the process of negotiating and hopefully reaching agreement with another platform, but we're only 47 days old, a very young sports network." Al Obaidly also denied reports that beIN Sport was paying Comcast for carriage ("we are being paid [by Comcast]").

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
Had a table of 6 at my favorite local restaurant last night and had the GM put the DirecTV feed of BeIN USA on the closest TV for us.

Definitely an exciting game - it's awesome to see the conditions in these tiny countries.

But back to the point - it's a total embarrassment that the nations largest cable provider still isn't showing this channel. Frankly, I don't even care if it's only SD for now - but you can only beat the horse for so long...
--

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE

Of Course...

Of course Time Warner Cable (and Brighthouse) announces the launch of both beIN USA and Espanol, in both HD and SD on 11/1.

Why can't CC be a leader?
--

jmaalouf

@172.222.142.x
Where did you hear that TWC and Brighthouse are announcing beIN USA and Espanol on 11/1? I can't find this anywhere and if this is true then that is GREAT news. Please let me know where you heard of this or where I can find further info on this.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
»[TWC] Please add beIN Sport Channel!

the last few posts are saying they have bein sport already.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

beIN Sport USA Coming 12/12 (GOL Being Removed)

My latest bill that was generated overnight has the following information (I'm in Northern Delaware):

On 12/12/12:

beIN Sport USA SD being added to Channel 726

Gol TV SD (726) and Gol TV HD (1513) - REMOVED

So, we are finally getting beIN USA, but only in SD, and they are completely removing GOL SD & HD.

Comcast - WHY AREN'T YOU ADDING HD CHANNELS?? YOU HAVE SO MUCH CAPACITY. WHAT ARE YOU UP TO???
--

kb1

join:2008-11-15
South Bend, IN
said by JeepMatt:

My latest bill that was generated overnight has the following information (I'm in Northern Delaware):

On 12/12/12:

beIN Sport USA SD being added to Channel 726

Gol TV SD (726) and Gol TV HD (1513) - REMOVED

So, we are finally getting beIN USA, but only in SD, and they are completely removing GOL SD & HD.

Comcast - WHY AREN'T YOU ADDING HD CHANNELS?? YOU HAVE SO MUCH CAPACITY. WHAT ARE YOU UP TO???

My area just went all digital in June and what does Comcast do.
No new HD channels added and MGMHD will be dropped in Dec.
This is a bad trend by Comcast. I'm thinking on going to Directv.

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
reply to JeepMatt
12-12-12 for them to add beIN Sport Usa? come on,

I'll keep my eyes open for changes for here.

Chad473

Lancaster, PA
reply to JeepMatt
several months late and SD only? Sounds about right.

Mgsports

join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS

2 edits
reply to usry723

Re: beIN Sport USA

Effective 12/12/12, the following channels will be added to the
MultiLatino packages in your area: beIN Sports Ch 604-we already on that number they might mean in 2 Hundred the English Version,
CentroAmerica Ch 611, XFINITY Latino Barker Ch 599 and
BabyFirst Americas Ch 633. Effective 12/12/12, the following
channels will be removed from the MultiLatino packages in your
area: Infinito Ch 689 and La Telenovelas Ch 687.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to usry723
»rbr.com/time-warner-cable-bright···n-sport/

What exactly does this article mean?

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
reply to JeepMatt

Re: beIN Sport USA Coming 12/12 (GOL Being Removed)

FYI - This notice was on the bill that I just received:
Effective Dec. 12, 2012, the following channel changes will be made...
:
Add to Sports Entertainment Tier: 728 beIN Sport English
No longer available: ... 586/726 GOL TV, 1513 GOL TV HD ...