MEDIAN2k3
Your Ad Here
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Howard Beach, NY

MEDIAN2k3

Premium Member

Re: [iPad] iPad dented....?

I wish that was the case but my iPad is kept out of reach of my 2 year old.

I keep it usually in a cabinet until I get home.

The Geezer
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á

The Geezer

Premium Member

Terrible Two's...!

I remember when I once came home and as I usually did during those days (early 70's) I put a record on the turntable, placed the needle on it and sat down to relax and listen. No sound at all! So I then inspected the needle and found that while I was at work my 2 year old son had taken the hugely expensive SME arm with the Shure V15 type IV cartridge and raked it across the rubber pad of the turntable, ripping the stylus right out of the cartridge and dislodging the whole cartridge assembly.

I was always careful in securing the cover down on the turntable before work, so how he was able to unsecure it and get to the arm, do the damage and then secure the cover down will always be a mystery. It attests to the ingenious ability of toddlers to do damage and then cover it up once they set their minds to it.

I would guess your two year old was watching your every move when you put your iPad away and was able to move very quickly once you were out of sight.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to MEDIAN2k3

MVM

to MEDIAN2k3
said by MEDIAN2k3:

I wish that was the case but my iPad is kept out of reach of my 2 year old.

I keep it usually in a cabinet until I get home.

That’s sort of what I was saying.

I’m not saying this is definitely how it happened but systematic damage could be caused by a storage place if one isn’t necessarily careful.

For example, if the storage area is narrow enough (less then the diagonal width of the iPad) and the storage area rigid enough the leverage of a closing door could crush the corners of the iPad like in your pictures. If the door is wide enough it increases the force exerted on the point of contact considerably even if you (or someone else) put very minimal effort into closing it.