LOL.
sailor
Premium Member
join:2003-10-21
Long Island

sailor to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Since he was found not guilty I say good for him.

His legal bills have to be astronomical

And since the Sugar Land Skeeters play in the same league as the Long Island Ducks, the Atlantic League, it will be a sell out and tons of fun when they play against one another with Roger on the mound.

»www.liducks.com/home/

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

The Dv8or

Premium Member

said by sailor:

Since he was found not guilty I say good for him.

His legal bills have to be astronomical

And since the Sugar Land Skeeters play in the same league as the Long Island Ducks, the Atlantic League, it will be a sell out and tons of fun when they play against one another with Roger on the mound.

»www.liducks.com/home/

I dont think he's broke. And Im also not sure if he's going to travel with the team.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Had a nice start today

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to WK2

to WK2
He wants to pitch at least one game in the majors this year. That will delay his appearance on the Hall of Fame ballot for 5(?) years. He knows he won't get in if he's voted on any time soon, so he wants to delay it thinking people will forget.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

1 recommendation

AB57 to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
He pitched in one game. For the independent A league "Sugarland Skeeters". With his pitching line decent enough, as far as that goes: 3 1/3 innings of shutout, two-hit ball. Now he says he'll see how he feels in a couple of days, then decide if he's going to take the mound again.
He won't be travelling with the team, may or may not take the mound again. He showed up two hours before game time, and I guess read the newspaper and checked to see if there were any edible goodies around on the buffet table.

It was a typical minor league sideshow event. Something the team used to sell some extra tickets to a game, in the manner low minor league teams often do.
They should have had a clown car drive around the infield and had Clemens emerge shortly after 15 clown players came out bopping each other over the head with clown baseball bats. That's the sort of mood I got from the affair.

He's 50 years old. He hasn't pitched in the majors in five years. Any big league team signing him to pitch would have to be viewed as having similar motives to the Skeeters: Sell a few extra tickets to a couple of meaningless, late season games while garnering some publicity.

Clowns, elephants, and organ music should definitely be the order of the day-- because this is pure circus, and shouldn't be taken seriously by anybody.

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

The Dv8or

Premium Member

said by AB57:

He's 50 years old. He hasn't pitched in the majors in five years. Any big league team signing him to pitch would have to be viewed as having similar motives to the Skeeters: Sell a few extra tickets to a couple of meaningless, late season games while garnering some publicity.

Clowns, elephants, and organ music should definitely be the order of the day-- because this is pure circus, and shouldn't be taken seriously by anybody.

The owner of the Astros has not been shy about saying he'll bring in Clemens to pitch in order to sell tickets.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

The owner of the Astros isn't doing this for money, but to get a few extra people in the ballpark yes. There was an article sating he might donate some money to charity of the money he would get from bringing Roger back.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

He wants to pitch at least one game in the majors this year. That will delay his appearance on the Hall of Fame ballot for 5(?) years. He knows he won't get in if he's voted on any time soon, so he wants to delay it thinking people will forget.

Silly Roger... It's not the people that have to forget... It's the Baseball Writers... And they have loooong memories...

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

The Dv8or

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

said by fatness:

Silly Roger... It's not the people that have to forget... It's the Baseball Writers... And they have loooong memories...

Shit changes over time. It's the reason they have a 15 year window. Jim Rice was hated by the writers, but eventually that faded, and he caught the ballot on a weak year.