Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to knowble

Re: [Cataclysm] Tired of the attitude

FYI: for the gold to trade, you have to be on the same server. cross server can only trade loot and conjured stuff.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
^ i think he was trolling/being an idiot on purpose.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by JB:

^ i think he was trolling/being an idiot on purpose.

I don't know.

Per an ep of south park 1/4 of people are mentally incompetent so that fool might have just been that dumb.

knowble

join:2012-07-30
Newport News, VA
Good point, haha.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by knowble:

Good point, haha.

IMO there should be a review done by GM's when a player his some high number of being kicked. And if the last 5 times were due to stupid then the account should get a 7 day ban (not eating up game time though)

Then award them a non-changeable (for 60days) title of Dumba**
so everyone would know that person was crap.

knowble

Newport News, VA
Well, that is a bit extreme, don't you think? Doesn't sound like a good plan for any parties involved : /

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
agreed

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to knowble
The point is something to deal with the people that don't have any business using a computer let alone playing a game.

Thus the reason for putting in the GM review step.
Just have Blizz GM's once a week look over the chat logs of people that got red flagged.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
I think the moment they award a Dumbass title that is awarded by GM review is the day WoW can kiss their profits goodbye...

think about it if say 9-10 million people play this game and you only want the competent players/ raiders...what does that leave about....what, 312 people?....Im guessing here.

knowble

Newport News, VA
reply to DarkLogix
There really is no way Blizzard could enforce auditing bad players. They would most likely have to hire thousands of new employees that would be tasked with auditing in-game record logs.

Plus, I rather enjoy playing with morons from time-to-time. Keeps it fresh!

Vote libertarian!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Skittles
I'm sure he was just venting.

I report people regularly... then I don't have to deal with them. Case in point, last night while discussing with the guild what we were going to do for the night... I noticed some foul language in /trade and promptly /reported > language. We settled on finishing a Madness fight so a guildy could get the title... so I needed to pug 3 spots. We recruited for 10~15 mintutes... I even joked with a recruiter from our sister guild about how few people there are to raid pve. Someone in my guild was finally like, "what about dude?... he says you are ignoring him". It was only after I had checked my /ignored list that I realized... oh... must have been that trash mouth earlier. hehe... I stand by my decision. We got our pugs, and killed deathwing... all without expletives in chat.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
we couldnt be guildmates immer, i have the mouth of a welsh sailor's son

Skittles
Premium
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

I'm sure he was just venting.

Im sure he was too, my post was more sarcasm than anything else...I guess it is hard to read inflection in my verbage...sorry for that.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

we couldnt be guildmates immer, i have the mouth of a welsh sailor's son

sure we could... you'd just have to tell me your mic didn't work.
(and mute yourself if you couldn't refrain from PTT).

knowble

Newport News, VA
reply to cymraeg
Welsh sailors' mouths ain't nothin' compared to US sailors' mouths!

Skittles
Premium
reply to Immer
lol.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to knowble
i would venture to say that we are even par, knowble.

Immer: my mic is always PTT, i never have it on voice for that specific reason, but slip ups happen.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer
I simply leave the language filter on, I just don't care what they're saying when its foul.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by DarkLogix:

I simply leave the language filter on, I just don't care what they're saying when its foul.

I want to know what is being said. I use it to judge the character of the player.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I figure If its a random string of symbols then the character of the player is poor.

if its not random then they censored themselves and they might be fine.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

said by knowble:

Good point, haha.

IMO there should be a review done by GM's when a player his some high number of being kicked. And if the last 5 times were due to stupid then the account should get a 7 day ban (not eating up game time though)

Then award them a non-changeable (for 60days) title of Dumba**
so everyone would know that person was crap.

You know, this would be hilarious. I have some additional suggestions:

- If you are kicked over X times, you automatically get a "KICK ME" sign on the back of your tabard, and any kicks initiated against you have no penalty attached to them.
- If you get reported/kicked Y times, after a GM review you would then get the non-changeable "dumba$$" title.

This is an awesome idea, I love it darklogix, lol. Public shaming may be a way to cool the jets on some of these people.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

1 recommendation

reply to DarkLogix
They need titles that reflect the reason they were constantly being kicked.

The Dirt Napper - Can't learn mechanics and dies every boss
Paper Tank - His gear meets the iLvl requirement, but is a mixture of everything except tanking gear
Darwin Award Winner - Too Stupid to Live
Fail Whale - Guaranteed group wiper
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

clawfury

Rochester, MI
said by Kilroy:

They need titles that reflect the reason they were constantly being kicked.

The Dirt Napper - Can't learn mechanics and dies every boss
Paper Tank - His gear meets the iLvl requirement, but is a mixture of everything except tanking gear
Darwin Award Winner - Too Stupid to Live
Fail Whale - Guaranteed group wiper

lol, I like this too. It wouldn't require a review by a GM, either - when you go to vote kick, you should get an option to choose why from a brief menu - then based on that, it could assign a title after numerous violations.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Ya like a little poll
if you've been kicked for a single reason over 50 times in a month you get one of the titles.

If kicked for multiple reasons but not one is standing out you get awarded a dunce hat and title.

Though put a reason in as "not a guildie" and then they get awarded 5k gold.

IE so if you keep kicking people because they aren't from your guild then the kicked person gets 5k gold.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
said by DarkLogix:

If kicked for multiple reasons but not one is standing out you get awarded a dunce hat and title.

Unfortunately I can see people trying to get this "Achievement".
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

clawfury

Rochester, MI
Unfortunately, you're right. It would just legitimize the morons and give them their own achievements to chase. Pure chaos would ensure, I suppose, but it's a funny idea It is probably impossible to regulate idiots in an MMO unless you stick to running with a guild that is well policed.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Kilroy
Well you'd have to REALLY try, you know set a time limit of per 28days.

and have the dunce title given at 100 kicks without any one category going over 50, all in 28days.

And it'd be non-changeable for 28days and you'd be blocked from trade. (you wouldn't actually get a hat just any hat you wear would be auto transmoged to a dunce hat even if you have the no-show helm or you don't have a helm equiped it'd be there.

Also put them on a limit of dungeons per day so it'd be impossible for them to get kicked 100 times while having the dunce title. (they wouldn't be able to run other than 3/5 pre-made and only 3 per day)

Also have them lose all dungeon/raid achevments

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
the point being, that this has the potential of incentivising ass-hattery... and we are left with the same LFR/LFD experience. I just want a bigger /ignore list.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
I never usually stop to ignore the ass-hats. Not a bad idea. I just run across so many, it's hard to imagine a list big enough.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
I think it caps at 50, but I never get that high on any one toon. If i'm going to grind out some LFD/LFR, I /ignore quickly so I don't have to see anything from them besides what's on the meter, and I don't have to worry about being paired with that person later. Every few days I delete my /ignore list so I have a clean slate to pass judgement on new ass hats.