spc
uniqs
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to xenophon

to xenophon

Re: Needs PayPal and/or Google Wallet

Why would they when they have to give either of those companies a chunk of their $$$ -- more than what they would if they went direct with their own merchant account. And who really trusts Google with their credit card processing or even PayPal at that matter.
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

How risk taking I must be for using pay services over the Net. Gasp. Yeah, I bypass many internet shopping places if they don't support either PayPal or GWallet. Both can be tied to American Express and they are pretty good handling false charges - which I haven't had to cancel yet.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to 25139889

to 25139889
said by 25139889:

Why would they when they have to give either of those companies a chunk of their $$$ -- more than what they would if they went direct with their own merchant account.

That is the point. If you have a Merchant Account, you pay fees with it to the Merchant Account provider. You do the same with PayPal or Google Wallet (they have their own Merchant Account with their Bank and the Card Services). The choice is which charges you less fees. Note that the fees are based on the volume of charges as well as the size of the individual charges so PP and GW due to their larger volume can get better (ie: Lower) fees due to the merging of all their customer's charges than you can so they may be the better option. Of course, they are the only deal in town if you can not get your own MA (or do not have enough volume to get a viable rate).