Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
reply to InvalidError

Re: its funny and sad at the same time.

It's an almost impossible job to catch all 102 and 103 art. There's just too much material in the world.

That being said, as part of the new patent laws going into effect on March 16, 2013, the US patent office will be looking at prior art that includes public use, sales, publications, and other disclosures available to the public anywhere in the world as of the filing date. This should bring in quite a bit of extra material that may potentially bar patentability.
--
I've heard, and I don't know if it's true, that Harry Reid takes it up the kiester from farm animals.

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL

Not like that will actually solve anything -- anyone who doesn't like the patent office's decision will just head to court anyhow, and the taxpayers will foot the legal bills.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network

Well, you can refile the patent applications and you can appeal "final" decisions to the patent board. But you can't head to court to try to get something allowed as a patent if it wasn't granted by the PTO. All those costs are borne by the applicants.
--
I've heard, and I don't know if it's true, that Harry Reid takes it up the kiester from farm animals.