how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to XanderLo

Re: If i got fibe internet why cant i get fibe tv?

said by XanderLo:

said by kovy:

Trust you ? I know, there just a bit better... but it's far from OMG wow amazing prices here. I rather be with a wholesale ISP then either of them price wise.

I'm not sure what prices you're looking at...

With Videotron, you're looking at around 15$ more for a slower service with a f*cking ridiculous cap. If you include wholesalers, then ok, I agree with you, but Bell doesn't charge any fees for dry loop which is another 10$ added to the bill. For those reasons, Bell is hands down the best overall provider here in Quebec especially if you have no land line (seriously, what young couples do?). Unfortunately, they're so far behind Videotron deployment-wise. That pretty much sums it up here.

Now, I'll repeat it again... if Videotron could raise upstream profiles, EBOX would become a great alternative all of a sudden.

Where ? Videotron 30mb is like 66ish... Bell fibe 25 is like 68ish... both have horrible CAPs.

Again, Wholesale cable is even better deal... no dry loop fee either, since that's non existent on cable.

XanderLo

join:2002-06-19
Boucherville, QC

said by kovy:

Where ? Videotron 30mb is like 66ish... Bell fibe 25 is like 68ish... both have horrible CAPs.

Again, Wholesale cable is even better deal... no dry loop fee either, since that's non existent on cable.

Mehh... you know just like me that regular prices are meaningless. Videotron rarely offers any discount whereas Bell always has big promos. For example, I pay 57$ + taxes for Bell Satellite (including HD + 2 theme pkgs + 1 free PVR rental) and Fibe 15/10. This is just unachieveable with Videotron and with an inferior Internet service (8/1 with 50GB cap instead of 15/10 with 100GB cap).

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

said by XanderLo:

said by kovy:

Mehh... you know just like me that regular prices are meaningless. Videotron rarely offers any discount whereas Bell always has big promos. For example, I pay 57$ + taxes for Bell Satellite (including HD + 2 theme pkgs + 1 free PVR rental) and Fibe 15/10. This is just unachieveable with Videotron and with an inferior Internet service (8/1 with 50GB cap instead of 15/10 with 100GB cap).

Regular prices are everything... I'm not spending hours to talk and beg a rep to lower the prices... Bell big promos last like 6 months...

X10A

join:2004-07-13
Brossard, QC
reply to Palidino

videotron's approach is different then bell, when I had videotron their customer relation is awesome and I get very deep discount, something I have trouble getting from bell. Not to mention, videotron's support is far superior then bell. I never had to wrestle with a videotron phone rep, nor their field tech. Bell on the other hand is a total nightmare.

Only thing I find Bell better is having better incentive at sign up, but in the long run videotron takes over. And bell's phone will not get instant kill by power outage...

This is based on my experience of having both videotron and bell tv + internet in the same house for 6 months.

XanderLo

join:2002-06-19
Boucherville, QC

said by X10A:

videotron's approach is different then bell, when I had videotron their customer relation is awesome and I get very deep discount, something I have trouble getting from bell. Not to mention, videotron's support is far superior then bell. I never had to wrestle with a videotron phone rep, nor their field tech. Bell on the other hand is a total nightmare.

Only thing I find Bell better is having better incentive at sign up, but in the long run videotron takes over. And bell's phone will not get instant kill by power outage...

This is based on my experience of having both videotron and bell tv + internet in the same house for 6 months.

I had a totally different experience with both Videotron and Bell in 3 different apartments and 2 different houses in 10 years. Videotron barely ever given any big discounts whereas with Bell, I always had top notch deals. Try 57$ + taxes for Bell Satellite with HD (2 theme pkgs) + 1 free PVR + Fibe 15/10 Internet with 100GB cap. Only problem for me right now with Bell is half-assed modernization. Can only get 15/0.8 max for God knows how many years.