share rss forum feed

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

[HD] Fox Soccer and GolTV HD in Western Pennsylvania

For those of you on Motorola systems in Western PA, you may want to check and see if you have these channels.

According to tvguide.com, both the Pittsburgh and Greensburg systems list 919 as GolTV HD and 920 as Fox Soccer HD. I haven't checked the other ones yet. I've also found these on Washington and Canonsburg.

These have been added on the old Adelphia systems for a few months now at 1715 for Fox Soccer and 1717 for GolTV.

Os

US
Reviews:
·Comcast
Morgantown gets the Adelphia batch of HD, plus the NHL Network HD and Ovation HD it was missing. They're now at 89 regulars and 6 premiums, same as the ex-Adelphia areas of Western PA.

It appears that the Motorola areas are not capable of 4-digit channel numbers and won't be changing accordingly. Baltimore/DC has been seeing their latest crop in the 900's, and I suspect the rest of Western PA will see these numbers used for what channels they receive.

Marcus Carr

join:2009-04-08
Baltimore, MD
I had some four-digit channel numbers in the guide a few months ago but they were never used. I prefer three digits anyway.

Os

US
reply to Os
I'm also noticing a few systems adding Bloomberg HD on 814.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

2 edits
reply to Os
no new HD channels here in the west virginia panhandle.
We got pac-12 and outside network last week.
Maybe other areas got those channels but we didn't.

I don't count channels that changed Names or positions as new channels.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
said by mikedz4:

no new channels here in the west virginia panhandle.
We got pac-12 and outside network last week.
Maybe other areas got those channels but we didn't.

so you DID get two new channels last week or you did not get any new channels?

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
SD not HD. Have no interest in Outside TV. Would have rather had espn goal line.

The Q

Collegeville, PA
said by mikedz4:

SD not HD. Have no interest in Outside TV. Would have rather had espn goal line.

me too. But you wrote "no new channels"', so I was confused.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to Os
said by Os:

Morgantown gets the Adelphia batch of HD, plus the NHL Network HD and Ovation HD it was missing. They're now at 89 regulars and 6 premiums, same as the ex-Adelphia areas of Western PA.

It appears that the Motorola areas are not capable of 4-digit channel numbers and won't be changing accordingly. Baltimore/DC has been seeing their latest crop in the 900's, and I suspect the rest of Western PA will see these numbers used for what channels they receive.

motorola areas can get 4 digit channels and have been able to since A28 release version 1.

The Q

Collegeville, PA
All SA-Cisco areas can also display four digit channel numbers.