dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Clever ploy?google and apple »
This is a sub-selection from About damn time...

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

1 edit

IowaCowboy to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky

Re: About damn time...

Having Apple and Android products on the market is a good thing as it is called competition. Competition is a good thing. What Google is trying to do is snuff out a competitor by misusing the legal system. I choose to use Apple products. Others may choose Android phones/windows computers. In my opinion, I think Android infringes on Apple since they have the look and feel of iOS. I think a good settlement would be interoperability of Android and iOS apps (like many software programs work on both Windows and Mac OS computers) and being able to sync Android devices with iTunes as well as iCloud support on Android. I have tried Android but went back to iPhone as Android devices don't play nice with the Macs I own. And if Google tries to take this iPad out of my hands, I'll sue them for triple the full retail price under Massachusetts consumer protection act (warranty of merchanibility since they are depriving me of use of it because of frivolus litigation against Apple and unfair and deceptive acts since they are manipulating the market). Google has been sued multiple times over privacy issues but I use them for a search engine and their maps application. Now if we could get some competition in the broadband sector, that would be a good thing.

The breakup of AT&T/Bell System was the best thing for American Consumers.

Like I said in the post above, they need to rewrite the patent laws. They passed the Hatch Waxman act to limit patents on prescription medication and to expedite generic drug approvals (which is a good thing as one of my medications costs nearly $900 per month, although insurance covers most of the cost but the drug was new to the market as of 2006; but don't ask what I take it for or the name of the medication because that is my personal business) and prescription drugs are one of the main factors our healthcare costs are skyrocketing. One of my Grandma's medications was $11 per dose back in 1994 when it was new, now it is on Walmart's $4/month supply generics list now that the patent expired (although she no longer takes it). Now if we could get some patent reform in the tech sector that would be a good thing. Copyright reform would not be bad either.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

1 recommendation

Metatron2008

Premium Member

iOS is taken from OSX, which was taken from BSD. Both Linux and OSX come from BSD. Linux is what Android uses.

Linux and BSD are both older then OSX, so it was OSX that took the look and feel.

My god, at least learn something before worshipping Apple.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
Apple is the one trying to snuff out competition. They started this crap.

Google is now returning fire.

Hopefully Apple will realize that this "War" will cost them and give up the douchebaggery. They deserve this kind of treatment, and more.

Zaber
When all are gone, there shall be none
join:2000-06-08
Cleveland, OH

Zaber to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

...In my opinion, I think Android infringes on Apple since they have the look and feel of iOS. I think a good settlement would be interoperability of Android and iOS apps (like many software programs work on both Windows and Mac OS computers) and being able to sync Android devices with iTunes as well as iCloud support on Android. I have tried Android but went back to iPhone as Android devices don't play nice with the Macs I own.

A couple points here:

1. I am on my second Android phone, and we currently have five and none of them resemble the IPhone

2. Android does not "play nice" with the Apple products because Apple uses a closed source proprietary protocols. Only Apple products "play nice" with other Apple products.

3. Apple has always copied what was out there then tried to force a lock out. There current OS line is taken directly from BSD which is a Unix, they just slapped a different UI on top of it.

This being said what makes Apple products so popular is the same thing I hate about their products: They take away from user choice giving everyone the exact same interface and options. I would also like to know which programs can run on both Linux and Windows unmodified and natively. Other than programs written entirely in an interpreted language like Java I have never heard of such a thing.
« Clever ploy?google and apple »
This is a sub-selection from About damn time...