All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6 to aguiar0016

to aguiar0016

Re: [X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App!

said by aguiar0016:

I just had the X1 installed on 8-19-12. Install was painless, he was out of the house within 30 mins. I was swapped out a DCX 34XX for it. Overall the box is nice. Some of the new features like the sports app and the new guide work pretty good.

The way the 3 tuners work is that you still can only record 2 shows at one time, but now you can also watch another live show while the other 2 are recording or watch something previously recorded. I assume comcast is doing this so people don't get rid of 2nd or 3rd DVR's.

Couple of things I miss (or its too early to tell) is the option to search by just sports. Now everything is a universal search so trying to find what sports are on right now is a pain.

As of right now for the same price it's worth the change to the X1 DVR.

The current dual tuners also allow you to watch a previously recorded show while recording 2 other shows. What is new is the ability to watch a live show while recording 2 other shows.

Was there a charge for getting the X1 box installed? If so, how much was it?
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

I didn't pay any install charge, not sure if that is the norm.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

said by aguiar0016:

I didn't pay any install charge, not sure if that is the norm.

Thank you for that information.

I was trying to confirm the comment pointed to by this link post that there is an installation charge for existing customers:

»Re: [X1] Has X1 actually deployed in Atlanta?
Russ6

2 edits

Russ6

Please click the link to see the FierceCable story about deploying X1 on Motorola. The following excerpt stood out to me since it is not about Motorola Mobility:
quote:
"Licensing deal could help Comcast deploy X1 on Motorola Mobility set-tops and gateways"

By Steve Donohue
FierceCable
August 22, 2012

Comcast recently began testing a CloudTV software platform from ActiveVideo on its system in Chattanooga, Tenn.

»www.fiercecable.com/stor ··· internal
For more information about X1 on Motorola Mobility set-tops and gateways, see telcodad's post at:

»Re: [STB] Cisco thinking of getting out of the set-top box busin

Here is an excerpt about ActiveVideo's CloudTV platform that Comcast is testing in Chattanooga and was written before Comcast started deploying X1 in Atlanta. Click the link for the FierceCable story.
quote:
"Comcast tests ActiveVideo CloudTV platform for VOD trial in Chattanooga"

FierceCable
June 12, 2012 | By Steve Donohue

Comcast spokeswoman Kenni Moyer said the MSO began testing the ActiveVideo platform in Chattanooga earlier this year. She said that the ActiveVideo technology is not part of its new X1 digital video product, which Comcast has deployed in Boston and plans to deploy in other major markets.

»www.fiercecable.com/stor ··· 12-06-12.