spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anon87

@myvzw.com

Verizon 4g

Had a question about 4g expansion and was hoping someone could help me out. I live in central GA right now, verizon 4g came to macon a few months ago and I get 4g about 6-7 miles from my house right now- in Forsyth (north of macon)

Last week verizon announced "expanding" in the macon warner robins area and moving up the interstate and a major highway. I was wondering if anyone knows typically how much of an area is covered in these expansions? Not sure if its important or not, but Verizon 4g extended is all around me, though when driving through it I never have picked up 4g signal.

Thanks for any help

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3

Verizon went South from Macon along I-75 with the expansion of LTE. They also went South from Warner Robins along I-75 to Cordele and Hawkinsville. I have a friend who lives near the intersection of Maynard's Mill Road and Peeples Drive near Forsyth. It is between state highways 83 and 42. He is hoping LTE coverage will get expanded Northwest of Macon. Maybe by August 2013 it will happen.

anon87

@myvzw.com
reply to anon87

Well I think they are supposed to have 4g EVERYWHERE 3g exists by then... so that would be a worst case scenario for me. Hoping it gets here soon, because right now Im relying on 3g service with unlimited data which won't last long and is slow.

I wish they had some sort of time frame for me, cause I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on Exede or Hughesnet

davidhoffman
Premium
Warner Robins, GA

Well, HughesNet would be a bad choice right now as they are operating on ancient satellites. Their new one will not be operational for some time. Exede has a newer satellite, but there is substantial debate as to the quality of service delivered and the value for the amount of money spent buy a subscriber.

As far as your existing 3G service, what device are you using? Does it have an external antenna port? If it does, have you tried an external antenna with it?

anon87

@myvzw.com

Using verizon mifi right now some at least. I mainly run Easytether from my phone though as I get unlimited date from it.

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30

said by anon87 :

Using verizon mifi right now some at least. I mainly run Easytether from my phone though as I get unlimited date from it.

Also look into Foxfi for tethering it's a little bit better than Easytether plus it lets you do a hotspot tethering if you have a compatible phone.
Expand your moderator at work

anon87

@myvzw.com
reply to RiseAbove

Re: Verizon 4g

Would it really be that hard for Verizon to post a tentative list of the cities which will get 4g in order? Obviously I don't know exactly how it works, just seems like a reasonable thing

davidhoffman
Premium
Warner Robins, GA

Some one at the top of Verizon is convinced that cellular deployment plans need to be guarded the same as thermonuclear weapon deployment secrets. If AT&T got hold of the actual deployment schedule they could send in their sabotage teams to disrupt the deployment of Verizon LTE. AT&T sabotage teams are so tough that the Blackwater guys would run crying to mommy when they got within 100 miles of them. Verizon employees tell tales of spooky matte black helicopters, boats, airplanes, motorcycles, submarines, and bicycles following them. When they go back over their route the only telltale signs are small yellowish pieces of paper saying "TELEGRAPH" stuck to various pieces of Verizon equipment. Why, if these AT&T teams knew the Verizon deployment plan, AT&T would be able to counter-deploy a better network. That would be the equivalent of detonating a cobalt thermonuclear doomsday weapon. Now you know why the Verizon LTE deployment plan is an eyes only compartmentalized ultra top secret.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

Yup, that was a rather intelligent reading yet insane reply/explanation lol