how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to MeInDallas

Re: Handling four TV shows at once for an hour?

said by MeInDallas:

I got one of those Tivo Elite/XL4's and after 3 different ones finally figured out it wouldnt work with TWC. The tuning adapter/cable card setup was such a nightmare.

I've been running a CableCard+Tuning Adapter for almost a year now with no problems. Although I'm using a HDHomerun Prime and WMC not a Tivo. But I would expect a Tivo should work just as well. It always saddens me when people can't get it to work for them when it worked so well for me.

MeInDallas

join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

said by Suit Up:

said by MeInDallas:

I got one of those Tivo Elite/XL4's and after 3 different ones finally figured out it wouldnt work with TWC. The tuning adapter/cable card setup was such a nightmare.

I've been running a CableCard+Tuning Adapter for almost a year now with no problems. Although I'm using a HDHomerun Prime and WMC not a Tivo. But I would expect a Tivo should work just as well. It always saddens me when people can't get it to work for them when it worked so well for me.

Theres some Tivo software conflict in the new Elite/XL4 that doesnt play nice with the cable card and tuning adapters here in the Dallas area. I dont know what it is, but I tried 3 different ones, and I've spoke to a lot of people from the Dallas area that had the same issue I did. Tivo of course tries to blame TWC, and TWC blames Tivo. Whats weird about the whole thing is that I can get 4 other 2 tuner Premiere Tivo's to work perfect on the same lines with no issues at all ever, but that 4 tuner one will just not work. Every few hours the Elite/XL4 will loose all channels and the only way to fix it is reboot the Tivo. Well I cant babysit a Tivo 24/7 to make sure everything records. So I finally just gave up on it and sold it on Ebay. Now with the 2 tuner Premieres, there are no issues at all. So I just assume its some software conflict going on.