ctceo
Premium Member
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN

ctceo

Premium Member

[Chrome] Strange Vertical line

Vertical Dark Matter?
Anyone else spot the problem with the image?

There's a vertical line that move a tad bit which affects all fonts on chrome. At first it only affected liveleak, then it started to spread to all sites.

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine

What line?

ctceo
Premium Member
South Bend, IN

ctceo

Premium Member

There's a line missing, so it must be made of dark matter.

Looks for the words "see" and "emergency". You'll notice that they are chopped off. The spots where they are chopped off are static. So for example if I scroll the page in any direction new letters are chopped at those coordinates on the screen.

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine

I see it. I am also seeing it on »espn.go.com/ or I was but I don't at the moment.

ctceo
Premium Member
South Bend, IN

ctceo

Premium Member

Good. It's not my screen or install.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to ctceo

Premium Member

to ctceo
Yes, indeed. 1 pixel (width) vertical line is collapsed. The line has its own limited vertical dimension (not taking the whole client area of your browser).If you somehow measure it - is it always on the same position from the top left corner of you browser's client area (the area where content is displayed)? Or it may appear in different and random positions too? Do you see that effect only within Chrome?

ctceo
Premium Member
South Bend, IN

ctceo

Premium Member

That's really strange. Now it's gone. I've done nothing to my PC since and it's not there anymore. Not on any site I've tried today. VERY unusual.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn to ctceo

Premium Member

to ctceo
Wow.
I would need a magnified glass to spot that.

ctceo
Premium Member
South Bend, IN

ctceo

Premium Member

At first I thought I was seein' shit or maybe there was a clear booger on my screen. Then I washed the screen and checked a few sites, and nope suspicion confirmed. Then when I put it up for peer review here it stopped and couldn't provide more pictures. GRRR.
ctceo

ctceo

Premium Member

Now to figure out what caused it.