spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Timmy

@deltacom.net

Cable modem problems??

OK I have something going on that no one has ever heard of. My computer was attacked with malware, so I took it to a local computer shop and they fixed the malware problem. I brought the computer home and hooked it back up to my cable modem and it was doing crazy things, like typing backwards, and still not performing right. So I took it back to the computer shop and they hooked it up to their ISP and my computer ran like a champ, np problems what so ever. Bring the computer back to my house, hooked it back up and still having the same problems. Could it be the cable modem?

cablegeek01

join:2003-05-13
USA
kudos:1
said by Timmy :

OK I have something going on that no one has ever heard of. My computer was attacked with malware, so I took it to a local computer shop and they fixed the malware problem. I brought the computer home and hooked it back up to my cable modem and it was doing crazy things, like typing backwards, and still not performing right. So I took it back to the computer shop and they hooked it up to their ISP and my computer ran like a champ, np problems what so ever. Bring the computer back to my house, hooked it back up and still having the same problems. Could it be the cable modem?

When you took it to the shop, did they use your keyboard and mouse, or theirs?

Timmy

@deltacom.net
They used theirs, I thought the keyboard might be the problem and I replaced the keyboard.

Timmy7

join:2012-08-21
Milledgeville, GA
reply to Timmy
Ok, I have fixed my problem. It was the mouse that was the problem, I changed the mouse out and poof my problem went away. Why? I have no clue!