SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium Member
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL

1 edit

SmokChsr

Premium Member

2012 Tropical things- Before the storm..

Click for full size
Humm GFS ends at my house! Guess that means I'm in the clear..
Last year I started this thread to keep from starting a new thread every time something was stirring in the tropics.

Well now it's TD-9 that looks like it could rapidly blow up into a full blown hurricane and be in Florida in 5-6 days..
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

As you may already know TD-9 is now Isaac, and will get his own topic..
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

TD 10 has formed

Click for full size
Got Bermuda shorts?
TD-10 has formed behind Isaac and looks to be of no real concern unless you happen to be in Bermuda.
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

TD 10 is now Tropical Depression Joyce

TD-10 was upgraded to a tropical storm, i guess just because it wanted a name too. Then it decided it just wanted to be a depression. Tracks are still the same headed for Bermuda, if it makes it that far.
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Tropical Depression Joyce, Dies

Joyce quietly passed away in the night. Isaac will be making arrangement's.
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

TS Kirk

Yes I ignored Captain Kirk oops I mean tropical storm Kirk out in the middle of the Atlantic. He's not near land and doesn't look like he will get near land ever. Currently he's curving back to the East on his way towards Portugal.
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Invest 98

There's also Invest 98, out in the area of 42.5W 14N, that is expected to get named later today. Like Kirk it's currently expected to plow up the Atlantic without affecting land.
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Michael & Leslie

Click for full size
A rare storm polt
These two could get very interesting. They are currently projected to try to occupy the same area of the North Atlantic at the same time. It will be interesting to see if the two do try to "hook up". I haven't seen much discussion on it as of yet. I've noticed this once before where 2 storms crashed into each other. What happened then (and what I'd expect to happen with these ) is that the storms went into a "binary" oscillation where the center of the two storms rotated around each other. That caused both storms forward speed to increase from almost nothing to upwards of 50 MPH. The last two raced way off into the North Atlantic never to be heard from again. These are already quite far North so there's not much room for them to race off to. I would guess they will make a run on Iceland.
Bobby_Peru
Premium Member
join:2003-06-16

1 recommendation

Bobby_Peru

Premium Member

said by SmokChsr:

These two could get very interesting. They are currently projected to try to occupy the same area ... at the same time. It will be interesting to see if the two do try to "hook up". ... oscillation where the center of the two .... rotated around each other.

Woa, now. This is a family forum!

SmokChsr
Premium Member
Saint Augustine, FL

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Click for full size
Will they get together?
Michael slowed down (actually put it in reverse for a bit) and hasn't caught up to Leslie, don't know if he will. It's still going to be interesting to see what happens up in the North Atlantic. It also looks like Leslie will be making a land impact soon in Newfoundland. Who knows She might even go visit Ireland and Scotland.
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Invest 91L

Click for full size
Is also out there expected to be named tomorrow, but is expected to turn North and also plow up the middle of the Atlantic.
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Tropical Storm Nadine

Previously known as invest 91L and TD14 is now Nadine.. other than that, it should stay well out in the ocean.. go back to napping.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

wake me in Nov...and I'll take my boards down

SmokChsr
Premium Member
Saint Augustine, FL

1 recommendation

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Why would you want to take your boards down? There's always a Lil Hurricane at your house!!

In other news, there was an disturbed area about 200 miles SE of Miami, that is not expected to do much. Into that a good amount of convection built up in Cuba during the day and is pushing North from Havana. Via Satellite it looked pretty impressive, yet via radar the surface activity doesn't seem to even know it's up there. Just mentioning it since it might cause some unsettled weather for the Keys and SW Florida.
SmokChsr

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Re: 2012 Tropical things- Before the storm..

I was tied up and let Patty slip away, she died down in the Florida straights without much impact to anything. Now there is Rafael, he is also not expected to be a problem.
Bobby_Peru
Premium Member
join:2003-06-16

2 recommendations

Bobby_Peru

Premium Member

said by SmokChsr:

I was tied up and let Patty slip away...

Ok, I am not even gonna touch this one!