join:2001-03-25
US

3 recommendations

antdude to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265/10.3.183.23

said by siljaline:

These are almost semi-weekly, antdude See Profile you might as well slam it over top of the last one.

After reading the new features and fixes, I already did.

gugarci
Premium Member
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ

gugarci to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
OK now that we have a change log I upgraded my main desktop. No issues yet.

sbconslt
join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA

sbconslt to kickass69

to kickass69
Have updated 3 systems here without issue.

deke40
deke40
Premium Member
join:2003-01-23
Texas

deke40 to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Sadly, it's the first version that breaks the Chronopatcher (v1.03) :/
Tested on the ActiveX/IE version.

This is the FullScreenPatcher.

»forum.videohelp.com/topi ··· 434.html

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Canada

MarkAW to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Thanks kickass69 See Profile got it.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to siljaline

to siljaline
Release Notes | Flash Player® 11.4 AIR® 3.4 - »helpx.adobe.com/flash-pl ··· tes.html

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

said by kickass69:

Release Notes | Flash Player® 11.4 AIR® 3.4 -

Already posted - »Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265/10.3.183.23
quote:
For further information please see our Release Notes ..

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

2 edits

Name Game to coldmoon

Premium Member

to coldmoon
said by coldmoon:

Hope this update resolves the crash in Opera when closed after using the news reader in Opera mail.

Any news on when Google will be releasing an update with the new version for Chrome?

It updated today..called 11.3.31.230 for Windows if you have Chrome and new version of Chrome itself is called 21.0.1180.83 m
»googlechromereleases.blo ··· -os.html
The flash in a sandbox
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seccomp

Updates are available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android platforms. Windows and Mac users will need to update to v. 11.4.402.265 (Linux and Android should users see the advisory for their version numbers). The Flash Player installed with Google Chrome should automatically be updated to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player v. 11.3.31.230 for Windows and Linux, and Flash Player v. 11.4.402.265 for Macintosh. When I composed this post, however, the installation of Chrome on my Mac had not yet updated to the new version Google began pushing out today (a restart of the browser fixed that).

»krebsonsecurity.com/tag/ ··· -31-230/

Only chrome user complaint so far seems to be this one for the guys flash..

21.0.1180.83 m

It was working just an hour ago. then chrome updated and now all of a sudden when I try to video chat at »live.meetme.com, flash crashes every time!
»productforums.google.com ··· 9TEE2sVA

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to chachazz

to chachazz
Ahh my bad.

Littlem129
Premium Member
join:2007-05-13
White Pine, TN

Littlem129 to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Thanks for the updates guys!

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Until Flash is written to be stable, this is going to be a weekly (or daily) chore to keeping it updated .

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I've said time and time again that when Adobe added sandboxing to Flash in the late 11.2 and 11.3 versions is when all these problems arose plus who knows what else they changed. While the idea is sound, all these issues are proving it's not worth it and they should remove it.

gugarci
Premium Member
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ

gugarci to Boricua

Premium Member

to Boricua
said by Boricua:

Until Flash is written to be stable, this is going to be a weekly (or daily) chore to keeping it updated .

Not really. Do what I do, only update to a newer version if it contains security fixes. If your old version works well and the new version does not contain any security fixes DO NOT UPDATE!!!!! Until this past update I was still using 11.3.300.262 since the other 11.3 version were bug fixes only.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

I guess also if you have a recent and not very old one..you could also pass up the security fixes since they now claim the following and sometimes it is hard to find new versions that work as well as the last one you currently have installed.

June 7, 2012

Overall, the Flash Player sandbox process has been a journey of incremental improvements with each step bringing end-users a more secure environment. We started by supporting Protected Mode within Internet Explorer, which enabled Flash Player to run as a low integrity process with limited write capabilities. From there, we worked with Google on building the Chrome sandbox, which converted Flash Player to using a more robust broker implementation. This release of Flash Player Protected Mode for Firefox on Windows takes the Chrome implementation one step further by changing Flash Player to run with job limits on the process. With Flash Player Protected Mode being based on the same technology as Adobe Reader X, we are confident that this implementation will be a significant barrier and help prevent exploits via Flash Player for Firefox users. Going forward, we plan to continue to build on this infrastructure with more sandbox projects, such as our upcoming release of Flash Player for Chrome Pepper. As we combine these efforts with other efforts, such as the background updater, we are making it increasingly more difficult for Flash Player to be targeted for malicious purposes.

»blogs.adobe.com/asset/20 ··· fox.html

Older info..
"Running the plugin in a sandbox, otherwise known as protected mode, will potentially reduce the seriousness of any code vulnerabilities by isolating it from the system.

'Sandboxing technology has proven very effective in protecting users by increasing the cost and complexity of authoring effective exploits,' said Peleus Uhley, senior security researcher for Adobe.

'For example, since its launch in November 2010, we have not seen a single successful exploit in the wild against Adobe Reader X. We hope to see similar results with the Flash Player sandbox for Firefox once the final version is released later this year.'

This usually applies to Firefox 4.0 or later versions running on Windows 7 or Vista."
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

1 recommendation

OZO

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

'Sandboxing technology has proven very effective in protecting users by increasing the cost and complexity of authoring effective exploits,' said Peleus Uhley, senior security researcher for Adobe.

It looks like they (and BTW, many others too) become liking the new buzzword - "sandboxing". First, they (Adobe) started using different tricks to get to direct API calls, that allow modification (reading / writing) objects in computer (files, registry, etc). And then, when people discovered that those direct calls may do real harm to their systems, they (Adobe) started to talk about making a "protection layer" (sandbox), that presumably isolates system from those direct calls, made by their plugins / activeX components... See, how fun it is?

Why we see all this fuss now?

Because Adobe/Macromedia wants to have that direct access to everyone's computer. To control, to monitor, to do other similar stuff... Past several years they tried to foist their new service, that runs on the background, they silently put scheduled tasks, which may wake up and execute whatever they want, they silently request elevated privileges in IE, allowing to have access to your registry directly from web sites. And when some of those tricks become widely exploited by others (who knew that would happened, right? ) they issued new security patches again, and again, and again... And now they start covering their real intentions (having control over your computer) with the latest buzzword - "sandbox". Wouldn't it be better, if they cared just a bit about computer security and designed their plugins/activeX without those tricks in the first place? But I guess that's just a rhetorical question at this point. It's Adobe/Macromedia we're dealing with...

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

1 edit

Dustyn to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Thank you!
Gonna grab it now.
wolfy339
join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

1 recommendation

wolfy339 to kickass69

to kickass69
stupid question on using the installers from »www.adobe.com/products/f ··· n3.html: do these installers include both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Flash Player?

sbconslt
join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

sbconslt

Yes, there is only one installer, packing both 32 and 64 bit.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

siljaline

Premium Member

said by sbconslt:

Yes, there is only one installer, packing both 32 and 64 bit.

quote:
Note: Beginning with 11.3, the universal 32-bit installer will include the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Flash Player.
Libra
Premium Member
join:2003-08-06
USA

1 recommendation

Libra to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Thank you for advising us of this update and the links.

Also, thanks to siljaline See Profile for recommending I install over the top. I did on 3 computers and it all went well.

Sincerely, Libra

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

No problem, I made it a habit a long time ago back in the Windows 3.11/95 days to completely uninstall and install fresh new versions of programs. Seems like even today that mantra holds up alot of times.
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

1 edit

redwolfe_98

Premium Member

edited..

somehow i got my wires crossed, thinking that this thread was about "firefox", not "flash player"..

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline to Libra

Premium Member

to Libra
Your welcome for the commenting, Libra See Profile I missed you in the mélé

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

2 recommendations

antdude

Premium Member

said by siljaline:

Your welcome for the commenting, Libra See Profile I missed you in the mélé

You're.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

1 recommendation

rcdailey to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline
I had some real problems with the 11.x series on my system and had gone back to 10 to get videos to play reasonably. However, I bit the bullet and installed this latest version and they have obviously changed something that lets my system play videos correctly. Whatever was "fixed," I hope it stays that way with the next update.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

2 recommendations

siljaline to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
It's all the Français I speak, there will be some leakage, antdude See Profile

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to redwolfe_98

Premium Member

to redwolfe_98
Click for full size
said by redwolfe_98:

edited..

somehow i got my wires crossed, thinking that this thread was about "firefox", not "flash player"..

Easy to get confused since firefox has had it's share of flashplayer crashes and hicups. and so many people run more different versions of firefox than ever before.

»Re: WTF!!! Adobe Flash installing unwanted programs
Name Game

Name Game to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline
said by siljaline:

It's all the Français I speak, there will be some leakage, antdude See Profile

In Vermont..that will cost you

»www.dailymail.co.uk/news ··· lls.html
Expand your moderator at work

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265/10.3.183.23

Us Québécois are a prime source of tourist dollars and more in New England, in general.

Vermonsters love us