Search similar:

uniqs

yepsame
@optonline.net

yepsame to SHoTTa35

Anon

to SHoTTa35

Re: [OOL] Slow/Timeouts today in CT

Now experiencing intermittent outages. When it does come back online, no change takes effect, it's still broken.

netguy
@optonline.net

netguy

Anon

i changed to google dns and its was working, but if i rebooted and now online light keeps flashing
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy to SHoTTa35

MVM

to SHoTTa35
I'm in Yonkers NY, near the NYC line and I am also having Intermittent connection problems. So it appears to be a fairly large problem.

yates
join:2010-04-30
V5X 0J3
ARRIS SB6183
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

yates

I just got off the phone with tech support and they said they were having an outage throughout CT that had been going on all day. They said they were working on it but had no estimate as to when they would be back to normal. Guess it is time to go home and work from my internet connection there (non-OOL).
kdevine
join:2012-08-21

kdevine to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
My OOL has been totally down since 9:00 AM. I am in Rvierdale/Bronx, also right near (2 blocks) from the Yonkers line. Prior to 9, service was intermittent, as others have reported.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
Everything was fine here till about 11am. Then the modem went off line and has been down ever since. It just goes through it's power on sequence over and over, even when power cycled.

I am across the street from the NY Botanical gardens in Bronxwood. I have boost plus, no TV or phone. I am using my Clearwire 4g backup service, which pretty much sucks, but it's better than nothing as I have online stuff to do.

When I finally got through to tech support I got a recording that they are aware of the outage and are working on it. Looks like this "outage" is spreading and not getting better.

Seems like this is a major OOL FUBAR! Wonder whether we will ever know what happened.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

said by TamaraB:

I am across the street from the NY Botanical gardens in Bronxwood. I have boost plus, no TV or phone.

This is a sign that you should go for a walk in the gardens!
Parth
join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY
ARRIS TM1602
Linksys WRT1900ACS

1 edit

Parth to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
It certainly is spreading. Before only a few sites weren't being you routed properly but now huge swaths of the internet are now inaccessible. And yeah their IVR had been updated to say they are aware of the issue but it's only getting worse. I have no doubt my modem will completely lose sync in the next hour or so by the way things are deteriorating.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

said by TamaraB:

I am across the street from the NY Botanical gardens in Bronxwood. I have boost plus, no TV or phone.

This is a sign that you should go for a walk in the gardens!

Reading my mind? I am about to do exactly that.

NorwalkUsr1
@apexcovantage.com

NorwalkUsr1 to kdevine

Anon

to kdevine
In Norwalk, CT - lots of timed out / failed requests ..

seems to be getting worse as the day goes on ..
sunny8294
Shqipe
join:2001-03-15
Localhost ;)

sunny8294 to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
My brother in the Bronx just told me he is having trouble to go to any site. Not totally offline but slow as hell; Google takes 15 mins. to load. Tried power cycling everything but no dice.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to TamaraB

to TamaraB
I see on the Line Monitors that your area went to hell around mid-day:
»/testh ··· ?view=67

thisisgarbge
@optonline.net

thisisgarbge to kdevine

Anon

to kdevine
Been a disaster here all day long. Sometimes it's up, sometimes it's down. When it is up, can't access half the internet or a site will just time out.

The length of this outage is unacceptable, we are hamstrung here and have been all day.

I really wish Cablevision didn't have a monopoly in my area, would drop it for FiOS in an instant.

pshifrin
join:2000-08-11
White Plains, NY

pshifrin to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
My remote book keepers can't do payroll today because of this. I'm on my LTE iPad's personal hotspot in the meanwhile. Speeds are so good I hardly notice i'm on LTE!
disy
join:2003-01-02
Norwalk, CT

disy to yepsame

to yepsame
I wish optimum would give an update. I sat on hold then did silly troubleshooting with tech. She had no idea or info on the outage.
Ap5000
join:2002-09-29
Orange, CT

Ap5000

I just spoke with them and they still have no ETA. They mentioned something about it being a hardware issue and waiting on the Cisco guys.
disy
join:2003-01-02
Norwalk, CT

disy to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
wow, just came back screaming fast - hopefully it stays this way

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
It's funny that people are commenting/complaining on twitter to @cablevision which is actually Cablevisión Argentina.
Parth
join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY
ARRIS TM1602
Linksys WRT1900ACS

Parth

said by J Alert:

It's funny that people are commenting/complaining on twitter to @cablevision which is actually Cablevisión Argentina.

»d.pr/i/5IIH+

Hahaha. :P
max pl
join:2009-03-22
Hyde Park, NY

max pl to J Alert

to J Alert
yah i think its fixed

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35 to disy

Anon

to disy
Was just gonna post that it started for me at about 3:27pm EST. Seems 90% back to normal now.

(3:31 now )

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to Parth

Premium Member

to Parth

twitter screen cap
I find this one funny...

... I know when the internet goes down it's annoying, but it's funny how some people think a few hours of outage equates to not paying for an entire month.

yepsame
@myvzw.com

yepsame to Ap5000

Anon

to Ap5000
How can you not have spare hardware ready to go if you're running an ISP?

Does OOL offer service credits at all?

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

JRW2 to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
I've been seeing this for days now, I guess my issues are unrelated...

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
OP should change the Subject of the original post to include NY et.al. on top of CT so that other thread makers will look in here.
ciufo04
join:2011-01-26
Bridgeport, CT

ciufo04 to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
Still can't sign into ps3 or skype though. Some websites are starting to working again.
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

jcondon to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
Also having issues in Dutchess county.

Here at work in Westchester we have Lightpath and it has been fine though.
cablev3ngi
join:2012-08-21
Chappaqua, NY

cablev3ngi to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
Can confirm problems earlier, now as of 4:15PM connection seems to be solid. So hopefully its fixed ?
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

jcondon

said by cablev3ngi:

Can confirm problems earlier, now as of 4:15PM connection seems to be solid. So hopefully its fixed ?

My wife called an hour ago with problems. She just texted me still not able to reach a bunch of sites.

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35 to jcondon

Anon

to jcondon
I can't change it but maybe a MOD can change it to:

Internet Slow/Timeouts on Cablevision/OOL today

or whatever they prefer.

Odd thing though my voice modems weren't affected (8 lines total). Good thing though as business would have been shutdown.

The other thing though, I wonder how much money was lost in retail today. Everywhere I went to couldn't do credit/debit cards (I had cash but just heard people talking) since internet was down as well.

My bosses design store lost sales today as nobody walks around with $10,000 in cash or go pull it out the ATM. LOL. Some of the stuff in there cost that much (rich little towns around here) so when they couldn't process cards, the customers just left.

Seems to be working now though as of 4:33pm EST