Search similar:

uniqs

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35 to disy

Anon

to disy

Re: [OOL] Slow/Timeouts today in CT

Was just gonna post that it started for me at about 3:27pm EST. Seems 90% back to normal now.

(3:31 now )

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to Parth

Premium Member

to Parth

twitter screen cap
I find this one funny...

... I know when the internet goes down it's annoying, but it's funny how some people think a few hours of outage equates to not paying for an entire month.

yepsame
@myvzw.com

yepsame to Ap5000

Anon

to Ap5000
How can you not have spare hardware ready to go if you're running an ISP?

Does OOL offer service credits at all?

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

JRW2 to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
I've been seeing this for days now, I guess my issues are unrelated...

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
OP should change the Subject of the original post to include NY et.al. on top of CT so that other thread makers will look in here.
ciufo04
join:2011-01-26
Bridgeport, CT

ciufo04 to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
Still can't sign into ps3 or skype though. Some websites are starting to working again.
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

jcondon to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
Also having issues in Dutchess county.

Here at work in Westchester we have Lightpath and it has been fine though.
cablev3ngi
join:2012-08-21
Chappaqua, NY

cablev3ngi to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
Can confirm problems earlier, now as of 4:15PM connection seems to be solid. So hopefully its fixed ?
jcondon
Fishkill, NY

jcondon

said by cablev3ngi:

Can confirm problems earlier, now as of 4:15PM connection seems to be solid. So hopefully its fixed ?

My wife called an hour ago with problems. She just texted me still not able to reach a bunch of sites.

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35 to jcondon

Anon

to jcondon
I can't change it but maybe a MOD can change it to:

Internet Slow/Timeouts on Cablevision/OOL today

or whatever they prefer.

Odd thing though my voice modems weren't affected (8 lines total). Good thing though as business would have been shutdown.

The other thing though, I wonder how much money was lost in retail today. Everywhere I went to couldn't do credit/debit cards (I had cash but just heard people talking) since internet was down as well.

My bosses design store lost sales today as nobody walks around with $10,000 in cash or go pull it out the ATM. LOL. Some of the stuff in there cost that much (rich little towns around here) so when they couldn't process cards, the customers just left.

Seems to be working now though as of 4:33pm EST

Nettech
@optonline.net

Nettech to cablev3ngi

Anon

to cablev3ngi
This has been an issue since 3:30 am server monitor system woke me up, in Stratford,CT still an issue, my clients in Stamford, CT and Westchester county still having the issue, Someone just had to mess with the routers last night.... looks like someone blew away all the static routes on a major Router in the OOL NYC core...
cablev3ngi
Chappaqua, NY

cablev3ngi to jcondon

to jcondon
Seem to be ok here... for now.

Anyone know of a realtime map that shows internet problems at least in the tri-state area? Is that even possible?
jcondon
Fishkill, NY

jcondon to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
said by SHoTTa35 :

The other thing though, I wonder how much money was lost in retail today. Everywhere I went to couldn't do credit/debit cards (I had cash but just heard people talking) since internet was down as well.

I wonder if this is why my local Dunkin Donuts wasn't taking plastic this morning.

bcronin
Premium Member
join:2004-03-27
Hyde Park, NY

bcronin to jcondon

Premium Member

to jcondon
Yep had issues way up here in Hyde Park as well, so it covered pretty much the entire footprint.
--
bc
ciufo04
join:2011-01-26
Bridgeport, CT

ciufo04

Well, I tried a ping test and it told me it was unable to do it because it couldn't connect to the server. Most of them I tried. Idk. Still connect to certain things. Some stuff is fixed but not all. That is a long list of places and miles that can't do anything too.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to yepsame

to yepsame
said by Wilt :
nasty problem, obviously, sorry for all the grief

yepsame
@optonline.net

yepsame to J Alert

Anon

to J Alert
See the replies below, some people lost big bucks thanks to this prolonged outage and this board represents probably 0% of OOL users when you round.

A 14 hour problem is a big deal.
SIRY
Bronx, NY

SIRY to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
online chat support gave me $2.66 credit for the outage
thekfc6
join:2006-07-26
Bronx, NY

thekfc6 to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
My wife just texted me & told me that it was up.....Bronx 10456.

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to yepsame

Premium Member

to yepsame
said by yepsame :

See the replies below, some people lost big bucks thanks to this prolonged outage and this board represents probably 0% of OOL users when you round.

A 14 hour problem is a big deal.

I'm sure people did. CV no where guarantees 100% always on service. I feel bad for them, no doubt, but 14 hours of no service does not equate to not paying for 706 hours of service.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to yepsame

to yepsame
said by yepsame :

some people lost big bucks thanks to this prolonged outage

Which is why someone who has a business that relies on an Internet connection should have a backup or at least a service level agreement.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

said by TamaraB:

I am across the street from the NY Botanical gardens in Bronxwood. I have boost plus, no TV or phone.

This is a sign that you should go for a walk in the gardens!

Just returned from a nice long walk in the gardens. Found that the modem is no longer flipping out. Flipped on the computer and all looks like it's back to normal. Can reach all my normal sites, and the speed looks normal too:

Wonder what the big failure was all about.

Bob
jcondon
Fishkill, NY

jcondon to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
Looks like we are back to normal a bit before 6pm.
ChuckGreene
join:2010-11-20

ChuckGreene to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
I live in westchester and the internet service has been going in and out. Like modem having all the lights on but still no network. I restarted it and it was refusing to complete the cycle.

I unplugged the power, unscrewed the coax, reconnected the power, waited couple of seconds and then reconnected the coax.

It worked, but still the service goes in and out.

Also some pixelation and sound jittering going on. NOt sure if that is outage related but.

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
yep - working ok here in CT now.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat
join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
Boy am I glad I was at work today! Just checked my line monitors, and the others in Dutchess and Westchester.. The line monitors reported total outage from around 10:30 this morning til around 4:00 this afternoon. Good thing too no one at home had an emergency, that was our phone, too.

Too much to expect to have reliable cell signal at the house.

I really dodged a bullet on that one. Hubby was off today, and he was home. At least the weather was nice - he found stuff to do outdoors.

Solitude
Encrypt All Your Files
Premium Member
join:2000-04-29
New York

Solitude to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
Packet loss in Yorktown, NY. Those of you saying it's fixed - it's most likely not. It's on and off.
cueship

cueship

Ditto. Still having major connectivity/routing issues here in Bedford Hills, NY as of 10:17 PM. It's extremely frustrating when your job relies on the net.
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy to Solitude

MVM

to Solitude
Well, Wilt posted in Yahoo cv tv group "Yes, all should be up and working now." So you might have a different problem then what hit most of us.

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
I saw on the news they were blaming some communication interruption on the train derailment outside Baltimore. Doubt this had anything to do with the CV issues, but the internet is not perfect.

More likely something more local with CV - either their network or one of their peering connections.