Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tsduke
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

HSI usage meter

This certainly isn't accurate. What's the point?

macdude22

join:2005-09-08
Grinnell, IA

Actually I used all your data. SORRY.

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

OMG, This is stupid, I've hadn't had major trouble with there Internet but to me it seems like they can't get this working correctly, (It's not right for me either) I'm going back to Windstream 12Mb who currently have NO bandwidth cap.

Klarth

join:2005-09-16
Oronogo, MO
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to tsduke

The point?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vH3lBI5Arc

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA

Are you seriously asking what my point is?

My point is Mediacom is capping and the tool they provide to monitor usage sucks.

IowaMan
Premium
Grinnell, IA

Ya got that right

IowaMan
Premium
Grinnell, IA
reply to tsduke

My inquiry with CS at Windstream is the following
$52.99 a month for 12Mb/768k NO BANDWIDTH CAP or
$49.95 12Mb/1Mb with 250GB a month B/W cap with $10 overages

Decisions and Recommendations??

sway0004

join:2005-04-29
Oswego, IL
reply to tsduke

i cant even make my account on the site Iowaman posted in the other thread and cant access an old email address from 2004-2005 ive called and tier 2 cant fix it either.

when you follow the step by step instuction and says click on email mine doesnt have that just has some number (product code and swap)..

so im not able to see my usage..

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA
reply to tsduke

Nothing to see anyway. Mine is still blank and show last updated on 8/7.

Tehrasha

join:2004-12-15
Vinton, IA
reply to tsduke

Apparently McAfee doesnt like the usage meter either.

The IP address where the data comes from is flagged as a 'Residential Address' by McAfee.

Your requested URL has been blocked by the McAfee Web Gateway URL Filter database module.
The URL is listed in categories that are not allowed by your administrator at this time.
URL: http_//xxx.xxx.xx.xxx/um/usage.action
URL Categories: Residential IP Addresses
Media Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

IowaMan
Premium
Grinnell, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

I've decided that with this crap Mediacom is doing that i'm switching back to DSL at 12Mbps. Sure Mediacom is going up to 15Mbps but I hope it's only a matter of time before Windstream brings there 24Mbps/2Mbps service to town as in one of the threads I read that should be doable as i'm less then 6000 feet from the CO.

If you cancel or change packages your in the "caped" plan and that is something i don't want to do is pay $50 for a service that (probably will at some point) knowing Mediacom get capped for existing customers. Notice how Chad keeps saying "Not currently" for customers before 8/1 thereby leaving the door open to do it. I'm done with there crap. (Sadly i'm stuck with the TV)

NightOwl

@mchsi.com
reply to sway0004

»www.mediacomtoday.com/ Try that link

WadeG

join:2012-08-22
Cadiz, KY

1 edit

Usage data for account "numbers and letters deleted' not available.

Update its fixed now and showing correctly.

Clever Name
Premium
join:2005-05-06
Davenport, IA
reply to tsduke

Is it working correctly for anyone? Most of the people posting in this thread have a pre August 1, 2012 account. Mine hasn't updated in at least 2 weeks and it's under reporting use by a lot.

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA

Even if we are pre 8/1 accounts it should work. I'd like to know usage before considering changing my account.

Clever Name
Premium
Davenport, IA
reply to tsduke

I didn't say it shouldn't work. If they're going to be greedy bastards and charge overages, their meter should be functional. I was merely asking if the people who are actually supposed to be capped have working meters. Probably not would be my guess.

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO
kudos:2
reply to tsduke

Mine works... it shows just under 50 gigs for the month. My PFSense router agrees with those numbers.

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA
reply to Clever Name

Yea, I know what you were saying. I was just adding to it.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to tsduke

Something is messed up with your usage meter. I'm pre 8/1 and it works fine (compared to my router traffic meter).
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Clever Name
Premium
Davenport, IA
reply to tsduke

So it's working for some, not for others. What a surprise. It's going to be hard to bleed people without accurate metering, or maybe that's not even required anymore.

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA
reply to tsduke

Still last update of 8/7.

sheiker

join:2006-12-05
Prior Lake, MN
reply to tsduke

It works for me.

I also run DD-WRT on my router, which counts my usage, and as well as knowing generally what my usage is anyway...

When comparing the numbers, Mediacom does appear to be under-counting my bytes by a bit.
(ie, in my favor, so shhhhh.)

I suppose they might be purposely under-counting a bit to account for underlying network data that the user is not generating on purpose.
(ie, someone spewing UDP packets at you, or various evil-doers trying to probe networks to see if they can hack in)

Clever Name
Premium
Davenport, IA

Well the op is off by 100% and I'm off by many, many gigabytes. Hopefully it never gets fixed.

They're probably just focusing on areas where they know they'll make money in overage charges first.