MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to DarkLogix

MVM

to DarkLogix

Re: [Cataclysm] Tired of the attitude

said by DarkLogix:

If kicked for multiple reasons but not one is standing out you get awarded a dunce hat and title.

Unfortunately I can see people trying to get this "Achievement".
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Unfortunately, you're right. It would just legitimize the morons and give them their own achievements to chase. Pure chaos would ensure, I suppose, but it's a funny idea It is probably impossible to regulate idiots in an MMO unless you stick to running with a guild that is well policed.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
Well you'd have to REALLY try, you know set a time limit of per 28days.

and have the dunce title given at 100 kicks without any one category going over 50, all in 28days.

And it'd be non-changeable for 28days and you'd be blocked from trade. (you wouldn't actually get a hat just any hat you wear would be auto transmoged to a dunce hat even if you have the no-show helm or you don't have a helm equiped it'd be there.

Also put them on a limit of dungeons per day so it'd be impossible for them to get kicked 100 times while having the dunce title. (they wouldn't be able to run other than 3/5 pre-made and only 3 per day)

Also have them lose all dungeon/raid achevments

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

the point being, that this has the potential of incentivising ass-hattery... and we are left with the same LFR/LFD experience. I just want a bigger /ignore list.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I never usually stop to ignore the ass-hats. Not a bad idea. I just run across so many, it's hard to imagine a list big enough.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I think it caps at 50, but I never get that high on any one toon. If i'm going to grind out some LFD/LFR, I /ignore quickly so I don't have to see anything from them besides what's on the meter, and I don't have to worry about being paired with that person later. Every few days I delete my /ignore list so I have a clean slate to pass judgement on new ass hats.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Ya My point is to make it so that ***-clowns lose big time.

can you imagine losing all your achev mounts? and raid titles Bnet account wide?

Just imagine if you had a server first and lost that.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

that's just it... ass clowns have already failed at life. Nothing Blizz can do to teach them the lessons that life couldn't teach them. Put them on /ignore... and petition a GM if they managed some sort of exploit or violate ToS... move on. Especially if we are talking about the repetitive conduct you are suggesting to mitigate abuse of the system. The system already has adequate checks and balance for asshats... guild, friends list, /ignore list.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ok then add a feature to ignore anyone that has ever been granted the dunce title.

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to Immer

to Immer
I agree here, I think you would find more subjective behavior than objective behavior. You find some people are already getting kicked without provocation, this would just further encourage butt-head behavior.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Ok then add a feature to ignore anyone that has ever been granted the dunce title.

this happens often... someone comes up with a fun idea for an addition to the game, others worry about it being exploited or potentially unfair... so the idea gets convoluted to the point where we are no longer trying to solve the initially identified problem, but are now just trying to save the idea of what they wanted added in.

Maybe it just needs a debuff similar to the "Deserter" debuff... only this one is called "Voted off the Island". I still think VTK should include some type of notification to the kicked individual of why they were kicked (especially if the vote had the reason written in).
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Rhenai

to Rhenai
Rhenai is right, I don't know about at this point in the x-pac, but early on, there was a TON of abuse of the VTK feature. Guild groups behaving badly - acting like a$$holes, threatening, and kicking people on whim. I believe this is why they instituted all of the hidden timer penalties, etc. It went from being a useful feature for moderate people to useless, and worse, the a$$hats know it, and flaunt it. Lose-lose.

The only real way to avoid the whole thing is to run with people you know - but anymore, that's so difficult.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
How about this

Make the stat of number of times kicked something that can be found via inspection or such. (maybe detailed stats)

then someone can make an add-on so you can quickly see if someone has been kicked a number of times for valid reasons.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

for valid reasons.

this is the part that can't be automated.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well if nothing was typed its most likely not valid.

that doesn't mean all that have something typed are but...
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I think it would take more work than Blizzard is willing to put into anything (hell, look at how much art they recycled in DS - 90%), but you could develop an automated system that could be used for reporting flagrantly bad behavior. My ideas:
- Simple dropdown menu with 4-5 succint options:
- language (obscene, racist, etc)
- harassment
- extremely poor performance/deliberate griefing
- Several reports would not result in any sort of account action. Multiple reports (5+, over a 7 day span) would result in the offender being flagged to the community (perhaps over their head in their guild/name slot). Any kicks against them would not count against the vote kick penalty. 7 days without repeat offense would remove the flag.
- Repeated offense (X amount of times in a month) would result in a ban from all LFD/LFR system use for Y amount of days.
clawfury

clawfury

The only problem with all of this - is if you flushed all of the a$$hats out of WoW, you might have to shut down the servers. I'd bet you'd have like 5,000 players left.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

harassment/griefing should be added to the "report player" list.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Harrassment reporting is added on MoP, griefing could be considered as such...

In order to ban someone they'll have to receive multiple reports and investigate if it was true, false reports are a-plenty...
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Yeah, the other huge problem is false reports. I guess it all just falls back on finding a group of people you trust and are comfortable with to burn out your VP. Having to have a real live person investigate every "multiple report" situation would become very expensive, very quickly.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya that's why I said set it at 100 in a 28day span.

Getting to that level would take alot of bad. so I'd doubt there would be that many reach that level of bad.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
agreed. In the end, we have all of the tools necessary to enjoy the greatest MMO on earth.

The automated reporting mechanism will probably try to correlate multiple reports of harassment before getting reviewed manually. Like that schmo who keeps starting madness in LFR because he gets there faster than anyone and enjoys being a reprobate. Multiple reports will be initiated (since you can't VTK during combat).

Klick
@phelpsd.com

Klick to clawfury

Anon

to clawfury
What if a ranking system was created for LFR/LFD, that grouped people together based on their rank. When someone gets kicked they get bumped down in ranking. Eventually all of the a$$hats would grouped together.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I would love to see a ranking system based on player input. Absolutely love it.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

Make the rating BOA so they won't just hop on a new toon

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
They already have a ranking system in place....it's called playing with someone...FFS it's an MMO, you're supposed to play with people. If you dont like them, dont play with them. If it's a grp where someone is an ass kick them, if you cant then leave grp....

"I dont want to leave I'll get a dropout timer" who gives a shit, so you have to wait 30min, its not like the world is ending or you are so inconvenienced by waiting...what are you waiting for?...I have to wait 30min to get my VP so I can by m newz helm that will be outdated in 3 months.....

My hate for this game grows daily....

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Skittles:

...what's really bothering you, friend?

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

said by Immer:

said by Skittles:

...what's really bothering you, friend?

lack of political and religous talk on this forum....

seriously though, nothing really ....just bored.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
said by puppy:

Make the rating BOA so they won't just hop on a new toon

I disagree. I think it would be nice to have a separate ranking based on toon and even spec. Something that allows total strangers to say, "cool... looks like this guy knows his stuff". changing specs (at the class trainer), every new raiding tier... it all resets your score to zero... much like Arena ranking (yes it can be gamed, but who really cares?). Only kicks drop your "rating", and a non-vote doesn't hurt you either. You only get one vote per person per run.

Basically, I'm more concerned with rewards than punishments. If you see a highly ranked person being an ass... VTK because he's being a twerp this run.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Klick

to Klick
I really like klick's idea. Can you imagine a full LFR of complete raving idiots? I think I would pay to observe that :P