spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

H2535

join:2012-08-21

[DSL] Home phone

I am a new customer who transferring from Rogers phone to Teksavvy, I ordered it on last Tuesday Aug.14, supposed to connect Aug.17 but yesterday I called and was told next Friday Aug.24. Just wondering is this normal? I am transferring from Rogers home phone to Traditional home phone in Teksavvy.
Thanks

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Are they actually allowing porting numbers to home phone again?

H2535

I asked for my number transfered from Rogers.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by H2535:

Oh. Right. I think Bell has put a stop to porting numbers from their own service to TekSavvy's.

Freakin BS.
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

H2535

but I am Transferring from Rogers.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
Hi,

To transfer a # from Rogers to Teksavvy takes 8 business days.

Martin

H2535

Hello,

I would add, Minimum 8 days.
Thanks

H2535

reply to H2535
I was connected yesterday. took about 2 weeks.

TK

@67.70.227.x

1 edit
reply to TSI Martin
Hi Martin:
I am on Rogers Home phone also and placed an order (OID-removed for privacy) with your folks last Monday (20 Aug) for your home phone. I was told a day later that the order was rejected because Bell refused to connect. Can you tell me why H2535 can and I can't?
TK

H2535

1 edit
Because I am beautiful

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to H2535
CLEC (in your case Rogers) transfers take a minimum of 8 days.

It is possible that the rep quoted you wrong. If this is the case, I apologize in advance

Can you email me your credentials so I can find out what happened and we can make sure we address the issue internally?

Andre@teksavvy.com

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TSI Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
@AndreCleroux - Follow me on Twitter

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to TK
TK, It looks like your # was a Bell # in the past. Thus the reason we aren't able to transfer the # at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by TSI Martin:

TK, It looks like your # was a Bell # in the past. Thus the reason we aren't able to transfer the # at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Martin, what's the official answer on why Bell isn't allowing ports anymore from them?

They bled too many customers?

This has been an issue since May with people wanting to port numbers over. Face it, large majority of users want to switch away from Bell, and if you can't do it, why offer the service just to have orders rejected all the time?
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

EdT

join:2009-06-12
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to TSI Martin
Is this only an Ontario issue with BHell or all around that they won't port existing BHell numbers ?

I am thinking of switching from BHell after 40 years with this number since I know they will increase my monthly bill by another $5 in October the third increase for my POTS line in a little under 12 months !

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to HiVolt
All I can say is the following. We haven't been provided much more info then this.

Due to certain limitations associated with the Bell service platform, TekSavvy has had to impose stop sells in certain situations.

Sorry I don't have more.
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to EdT
It's for both ON & QC.

camelot

join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON
TekSavvy should be doing the Apple thing and run to the courts, err... I mean the CRTC about this.

Bell should not be holding customer's nuggets like this.

nabate

@rogers.com
reply to TSI Martin
Aren't all number at some point registered to BELL?? isn't this a catch 22?

EHTL

join:2002-10-31
Canada
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by H2535:

Oh. Right. I think Bell has put a stop to porting numbers from their own service to TekSavvy's.

Freakin BS.

What is the point of porting from Bell to TSI? I don't see much cost saving there unless you want to subscribe to a bunch of add-ons.

inferno_gn
Premium
join:2007-02-26
Verdun, QC
Hi there,

So, still no luck to port a Bell number to Teksavvy yet? I wish I have done it months ago.

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by TSI Martin:

Martin, what's the official answer on why Bell isn't allowing ports anymore from them?

They bled too many customers?

This has been an issue since May with people wanting to port numbers over. Face it, large majority of users want to switch away from Bell, and if you can't do it, why offer the service just to have orders rejected all the time?

It just seems to do with the ports...which makes no sense to me....although I signed up in March of this year and got a new number as I was in a new area than previous and required to get a new phone number, its in a Bell Exchange but I pay TSI....

I feel like they're bleeding too much and want to stop TSI...which I guess they have the power to do...resellers are not covered by any CRTC tariffs I don't believe and this is done purely as a courtesy I believe? Since TSI doesn't operate as a CLEC, they don't have any protection of the provisions....so I feel as though those who want to transfer are basically SOL...

The Rogers to TSI numbers work out because its a "net-new" in the eyes of Bell.

To the poster said "Aren't all the numbers Bell originally?"...not exactly, if you look at www.cnac.ca you'll see a listing of all the exchanges and who the original owner of the numbers in that exchange are....so while a lot are Bell, they're not all exclusive to Bell.

EdT

join:2009-06-12
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to EHTL
TSI's monthly cost is $21.48 and BHell's basic residential phone service is $28.95 +taxes($3 annual increases on its way !) a whole $7.50 saving per month or $90/year or 4 months of free POTs service ...that is the point !

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
reply to H2535
I understand that porting is a problem these days, but is there any difficulty retaining # when switching to VOIP?

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to H2535
Hi there,

Strange, the CRTC marks that "you can keep your phone number when you transfer to another local phone service provider, as long as you stay in the same exchange (typically a community, town or city)" for wired home. However, Bell is blocking that...

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t1023.htm

Isn't that illegal?

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
Read this on the CRTC website you linked to:

Some companies, called resellers, purchase products and services from local exchange carriers (LECs) and resell them to consumers. Resellers are not directly regulated by the CRTC. However, the LECs can impose some regulatory requirements on them through terms and conditions in their resale agreements.

Joecap

join:2012-10-15
North York, ON
reply to H2535
I had a difficult time with Teksavvy with their phone service. My email confirmation advised to me to be at home available for the technician to come inside to address internal wiring issues.

So, I waited the whole day on October 10, 2012 and nobody knocked on my door or rang the door bell. I had no dial on any of 4 phones in the house. However, with a cell phone I was able to call the assigned number which just rang and rang.

I called Teksavvy numerous times that evening without reaching anybody. The next day I finally reached somebody and was told to go test the jack on the outside Bell box since it appeared that Bell had done their outside work. They told me that Bell does not enter anybody's house to check any internal wiring which contradicts their own email confirmation. They advised me to get an electrician to address internal wiring which cost additional money and time.

So, I cancelled them instead and went back to Rogers instead of waiting who knows how long and how costly it would be to finally get their phone service working in my house. They told me they would not refund any money paid which include the 1st month of service because as they put it, the service was reaching my house.

I got no phone service whatsoever and they want to keep my money anyway. What a ripoff for an incomplete setup!

By contrast a work colleague got the Home phone service installed by Techsavvy and Bell technician entered his house and spent an hour fixing his wiring. That is so inconsitent!!

Joecap

join:2012-10-15
North York, ON
reply to H2535
I had a difficult time with Teksavvy with their phone service. My email confirmation advised to me to be at home available for the technician to come inside to address internal wiring issues.

So, I waited the whole day on October 10, 2012 and nobody knocked on my door or rang the door bell. I had no dial on any of 4 phones in the house. However, with a cell phone I was able to call the assigned number which just rang and rang.

I called Teksavvy numerous times that evening without reaching anybody. The next day I finally reached somebody and was told to go test the jack on the outside Bell box since it appeared that Bell had done their outside work. They told me that Bell does not enter anybody's house to check any internal wiring which contradicts their own email confirmation. They advised me to get an electrician to address internal wiring which cost additional money and time.

So, I cancelled them instead and went back to Rogers instead of waiting who knows how long and how costly it would be to finally get their phone service working in my house. They told me they would not refund any money paid which include the 1st month of service because as they put it, the service was reaching my house.

I got no phone service whatsoever and they want to keep my money anyway. What a ripoff for an incomplete setup!

By contrast a work colleague got the Home phone service installed by Techsavvy and Bell technician entered his house and spent an hour fixing his wiring. That is so inconsistent!!

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
Hello,

I apologize for the difficulty you had starting service with us. Did you pursue opening a trouble ticket with us first to ensure that there was nothing wrong with the external connection?

I'm sorry that you felt certain a tech would come out and fix any internal issues. Bell does not always dispatch to the home on a phone activation and what they may or may not do when they do dispatch depends on what the tech sees when he gets there. Or email confirmation does not promise a tech to come out, what it states is as follows:

"Please try to be present on your activation date as a technician may be required during your line activation.

Please Note: If during your installation a technician finds that internal wiring is necessary to enable your service and you authorize the repair, a $110 fee may apply."

As well when your order was placed you would have also had to agree to our terms and conditions which state:

"For all new registrations, the first month’s charge and/or activation fees are non-refundable. A refund will only be given to accounts that cannot receive service. Delays in activation due to improper information provided by you the customer, home wiring, central office or telephone line problems, or anything of the like do NOT qualify as non-serviceable events. TekSavvy must be allotted the opportunity to complete it’s troubleshoot before a refund/credit will be issued.

TekSavvy or any of its agents or third party providers are only responsible to bring/provide service to the locations demarcation point. Under no circumstance or condition are any of the above responsible for any inside wiring, internal repairs or equipment."

I am not trying to give you a hard time here, but we have no way of knowing ahead of time if there is a problem with the wiring in your home, nor can we guarantee a tech visit (unless you pay the $110 ahead of time and order a jack install).

Did you ever test the jack in the Bell box to confirm if the service was there?

Regards,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to H2535
Hi there,

Curious, my neighbour is a bit more expensive then my line, even though they live just next door...

B2F_QC 19.15 (my neighbour)
B1F_QC 18.35 (me)

Can someone explain it?

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

JeanInNepean

join:2012-09-19
Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy TekTalk
·voip.ms
·Primus Talkbroad..
reply to Joecap
said by Joecap:

Since 2010, Rogers home phone service is all based on VoIP (even though they claim their service is NOT VoIP). For this to work, they install an ATA that feeds your internal phone lines directly, which requires the Bell line to be disconnected (even if there is no service on it).

If your home phone from Rogers was installed after mid-2010 or you got it converted, your internal wiring has been disconnected from the demarcation point.

You'll need to either re-connect the line yourself or, if you prefer, pay for the repair. It's a 30-second job BTW.