uniqs
share rss forum feed

spanglo
Premium
join:2004-05-17
San Diego, CA

1 edit

Mifi 4G - Unable To Access Certain Sites

On Friday the 10th of this month I was unable to connect to a site that access on a daily basis. Traceroute is showing a timeout after hop 9. I can access this site from any other connection other than my verizon wireless, and prior I've been successfully accessing this site with my mifi for the last 4 months.

On the following Monday I put in a trouble ticket with Verizon and after a few days I get an email telling me everything be resolved within 24hrs. Yesterday the 20th I inquire about status of the trouble ticket and a get back a canned response:

"Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. My name is Alicia and I understand that you have been having issues accessing certain sites, and I am pleased to confirm that the manufacturer is currently working on resolving this issue in the next software update. I regret to inform you that I am unable to give an exact date on when the software version will be available. I want to take a moment to thank you for your patience, I assure you that the issue will be resolved in a timely manner. It has been my pleasure assisting you today."

I'm relatively new to verizon, and this is the first issue I've had to deal with. Verizon is not handling this well in my opinion. Can anyone suggest a way for me to get this issue resolved in a timely matter.

I really didn't appreciate that last BS response that I got from verizon, nor the amount of time that has passed over what appears to be a routing issue.

Thanks.

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1

You really, actually, expect Verizon to fix something? Maybe 5 years ago. But now? Never.

spanglo
Premium
San Diego, CA

Well I was hoping it wouldn't be a hassle.

So because the I can't connect past hop 9, which is evidently outside of verizon's network, then I was told:

"I appreciate you contacting us back about what's been going on with not being able to access certain web site. Especially if you could do it before, that has to be annoying. Since it's only happening on certain websites, that rules out our network being the issue, so our engineers reached out to Novatel and they did let us know that this is a known issue that others have reported and they are working on a software fix for it now. You can contact Novatel directly for more information at 877-259-2761 or email them novatel.techs@iopextech.com. As of now, they have not told us an official release date."

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to spanglo

I don't know what device you are using but have you checked for firmware updates? I have a Jetpack 4620L and it tells me that an update is available. Of course, so far I haven't been able to get it to install but if you do have an update available you may want to try installing it to see if it resolves your issues.

spanglo
Premium
San Diego, CA

I waited a month before I finally went to the verizon store and had them test my 4620. They tried connecting with a store 4620 to no avail, so it was device related. They were able to get me connected by downgrading me to a 4510. On the verizon forums many were having the same trouble with other devices as well, so it wasn't exclusively a novatel issue.

Thanks,

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

OK, glad you were able to get it fixed.

spanglo
Premium
San Diego, CA

Terrible customer service from verizon.

Opened 2 trouble tickets, only got a response from one of them.

Verizon failed to offer any help whatsoever. The only option they gave me was to wait for a firmware update and to contact novatel with any questions. verizon took no responsibility for the problem and left me hanging, even though this was a known problem with wireless 4G that was affecting more than just 4630L users.

People have been having issues connecting to sites, and this has been going on since June.