spc
Search similar:

uniqs

zaptor99
join:2004-05-02
Toronto

zaptor99

[DSL] Good News - DSL upgrades

Good news item #1 - Customers who were on the 12Mbps speed in Ontario are being upgraded to 15Mbps free of charge!

Good news item #2 - 25Mbps customers now have 10Mbps upload speeds free of charge!

Good news item #3 – Quebec customers who were on the 10Mbps/300 GB package will receive a price decrease to $41.99!

»blogs.teksavvy.com/2012/ ··· for-you/

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash

Premium Member

so I noticed 16Mb is completely gone...does that mean existing users get downgraded?

»teksavvy.com/en/res-internet.asp

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

1 edit

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Notable Changes
- The 640Kbps & 2Mbps packages are no longer offered
o Existing customers will be grandfathered (pricing & speed)

- The Ontario 12Mbps package is being converted to 10Mbps
o The pricing will remain the same as it currently is

- The Quebec 10Mbps package pricing will be lowered to match the new Ontario 10Mbps package

- Existing Ontario 12Mbps customers will be converted to the new 15Mbps package
o Existing customers will be grandfathered price-wise

- The 16Mbps package is being converted to 15Mbps
o Existing customers are being grandfathered.

- The 25Mbps package will receive a free upload speed upgrade from 7Mbps to 10Mbps
o Pricing is to remain the same

All existing customers affected by the changes will receive an email

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
join:2009-05-20
Aurora, ON

DragonSpyre

Premium Member

When will these updates/upgrades be rolling out? Will anything be required from users other then resetting our modems to re-sync at the new profile speed?
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by DragonSpyre:

When will these updates/upgrades be rolling out? Will anything be required from users other then resetting our modems to re-sync at the new profile speed?

The profile change will force your modem to re-sync. You won't need to reset your modem.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to DragonSpyre

Premium Member

to DragonSpyre
We anticipate in the next 1-2 weeks. As for the re-syncing, it should automatically re-sync for you when they push the updates.

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL

Great news!!
singsonn
join:2009-08-12
Montreal, QC

singsonn to zaptor99

to zaptor99
Great news indeed! Right after I got my 25/7 connection setup

Adisor91
@teksavvy.com

Adisor91 to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
What about marginal lines that are between the old speeds and the newer speeds? Do they get upgraded? Meaning they can get higher than the older speed but can't attain full synch at the newer speeds.

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
Aurora, ON
Hitron CODA-4582
Asus RT-AX88
Grandstream HT801

2 edits

DragonSpyre

Premium Member

Looks like something happened to my profile already I was on 12Mbit but now it is showing 14272 downstream and 1087 upstream. The downstream hasn't changed but the upstream is up from 899. Maybe they are just tinkering for the time being?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

They shouldn't be. Can you post in the direct or call in. We would like to look into that for you.

Cheers,

Andre

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
Aurora, ON

DragonSpyre

Premium Member

Posted

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Awesome! I just asked one of my guys to pick up your ticket asap.

Thanks,

Andre

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
Aurora, ON

DragonSpyre

Premium Member

The downstream has always been what is shows but the upstream went up by quite a bit over night. Connection is stable though with no problems otherwise.

Chang
@teksavvy.com

Chang to DragonSpyre

Anon

to DragonSpyre
Confirmed same thing here in Markham. Church Street central office. Both download and upload increased.
Chang

Chang to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
Check the 12 meg profiles for Markham. Church Street central office. Both download and upload speeds were raised for me.
dcorban
join:2003-07-13
Newmarket, ON

dcorban to zaptor99

to zaptor99
Wow, I haven't checked DSL speeds in a while. This is quite a boost from last year. Unfortunately, it still isn't competitive enough with cable, especially considering the $8/month dry loop fee and PPPoE overhead.

inferno_gn
Premium Member
join:2007-02-26
Verdun, QC

inferno_gn to zaptor99

Premium Member

to zaptor99
Hi there,

So, the 16 mpbs profile will turn into 15 mpbs? *lol* Paying the same for less. Awww. Lucky anyone sign up before the change will remain at 16 mpbs.

Ju Leon...

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to zaptor99

MVM

to zaptor99
We have 16/7 service at our office, are we going to see that change to 15/10?

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to zaptor99

Premium Member

to zaptor99
Glad to see the update, I'll spread the news to friends.

I'm really looking for the possibility of a 15/10 offering purely from a price point perspective. I remember seeing that the price difference between 16/7 and 25/7 was small and that made the 16/7 plan stupid to even offer. The catch is that I would really like more upload, and Rogers is taking their sweet time with network upgrades. When is all said and done I'll still likely only get 3Mbps up from Robbers. However, DSL just isn't a option budget wise because of the higher base price, dryloop fee, and modem rental fee as I would paying $30 more a month than what I pay now on cable.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

1 edit

Guspaz to zaptor99

MVM

to zaptor99
All DSL services have virtually the same tariff price now, so speed tiers like 16/7 make sense in that they cost TekSavvy less in UBB and transit than 25/7... We have 16/7 from TekSavvy but our price is out of date (was set during the interim tariffs and hasn't been updated) and so I'm wondering what's going to happen to that.

EDIT: On a personal level, I'd rather be on cable, but Videotron shows no evidence that they're going to give us any kind of decent upstream any time soon.

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
Aurora, ON
Hitron CODA-4582
Asus RT-AX88
Grandstream HT801

DragonSpyre

Premium Member

Looks like my speed got topped off last night, are these stats good for the profile I am on now?

SNR Margin
Down Up
6.1 9.5 db

Line Attenuation
Down Up
31.0 14.1 db

Data Rate
Down Up
16318 1087 kbps

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
Those on a 16Mbps profile will be grandfathered.

Cheers,

Andre

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

I'm not sure our grandfathered price is all that attractive. We're paying two bucks less than 25/10, and we're getting 16/7. If we get grandfathered and we don't get the upstream upgrade from 7 meg to 10 meg, what was a not-so-great deal before becomes a terrible deal now...

Could you qualify if our line supports 15/10 or 25/10? Should I PM you the CID/OID?

Also, I have not received any automated invoices for that account without manual intervention since January. Getting February required a ticket be filed, and then I called to complain in June and they manually sent March through May in a single ARDINVO PDF. I never got any invoice for June, July, or August. These are the invoices being sent to equipment@otakuthon.com, not my personal account (I get those invoices fine)

I'll try to verify with our IT department if the spam filter is eating them.

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS to zaptor99

to zaptor99
so what happens to the 16/1 plan? Whats the price difference with this and the new 15/1 plan?
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

Read what Andre just posted...

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

said by kovy7:

oops missed it! sounds good

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

said by DrZEUS:

said by kovy7:

oops missed it! sounds good

I snucked it in like a ninja!

inferno_gn
Premium Member
join:2007-02-26
Verdun, QC

inferno_gn to zaptor99

Premium Member

to zaptor99
Hi there,

The 25/10 mpbs isn't the same as the 16 mpbs. That profile required a 8$ more for the modem.

It doesn't really matter for me 16 or 15 mpbs, my area can only sync me at 16, which in turn I get 14ish with overhead, so technically, I get 15...

Ju Leon...
SonicSam
join:2006-05-27
Ottawa, ON

SonicSam to zaptor99

to zaptor99
Changes went into effect from 12/1 to 15/1. This is fantastic and unexpected, thanks!