HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to kovy7

to kovy7

Re: [DSL] Good News - DSL upgrades

said by kovy7:

Exact, it just got harder to control damage a customer. And if teksavvy or any other ISP does this... well good luck for the 15/10.

It's getting more difficult to reply on the prequal tools. We're in the process of building our own prequal database using statistics gathered from actual customer readings in various neighborhoods, then combining that information with what we get from Bell.

In areas served from our own DSLAMs, we simply put in the street name, look for someone in the same block, and get a live sync reading. Unlike pulling sync rates from Bell's equipment, that check is virtually instant.
turbohonda
join:2011-01-30

turbohonda to zaptor99

to zaptor99
i would love to see a 15/10 option available by teksavvy. i would upgrade my 6/800k service in a heart beat (minus the modem rental fee the 25/10 guys have to pay)
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by turbohonda:

i would love to see a 15/10 option available by teksavvy. i would upgrade my 6/800k service in a heart beat (minus the modem rental fee the 25/10 guys have to pay)

The 15/10 will have have the modem fee... it's VDSL.
kovy7

kovy7 to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

said by kovy7:

Exact, it just got harder to control damage a customer. And if teksavvy or any other ISP does this... well good luck for the 15/10.

It's getting more difficult to reply on the prequal tools. We're in the process of building our own prequal database using statistics gathered from actual customer readings in various neighborhoods, then combining that information with what we get from Bell.

In areas served from our own DSLAMs, we simply put in the street name, look for someone in the same block, and get a live sync reading. Unlike pulling sync rates from Bell's equipment, that check is virtually instant.

Yeah, the qualification team are really a mess at Bell... they need to talk to so many different departements and what not... one time they got back to me like 4-5 months later saying they corrected the qualification for my customer... really retarded.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

I'm happy to be grandfathered on 19455/1085.

Booo...I couldn't get up to 19455 sync....so I'm hopeful to get to whatever the 17k sync is....I'm at 16319/1085 right now....

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

What do your stats look like on the 16/1 profile and what type of modem are you using?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

I'm happy to be grandfathered on 19455/1085.

Ditto, and I'm not budging. Not willingly anyway.

I'd go for the 25/10 now that the modem reboot issue is resolved, but I'm not paying another $95 install fee no-how.

Mike

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

The modem rental on 25/10 doesn't interest me. I'm good with these speeds for now.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to kovy7

to kovy7
said by kovy7:

said by 34764170:

said by kovy7:

There's probably some people who would actually want 15/10 just for the upload.

IMO some is an understatement.

Really... cause I would enjoy download more then upload.

Of course and there are options for even faster down but there are a lot of people that don't need 25Mbps down or even faster but 1Mbps up is pretty darn slow so yes there are a lot of people that would want the 10Mbps up. 15Mbps is a nice step up from old school 5/6Mbps and a nice upstream bump too.
cowwoc
join:2007-05-19
Saint-Laurent, QC

cowwoc to kovy7

to kovy7
said by kovy7:

You should go in the bell direct forum here on DSLR... and ask what you qualify with and if he can do a neighbour check to see what speed they have. You could be on FTTN, but if there's no VDSL2 card then it's useless. In order to have more then 1mbps upload with Bell you need to have at least VDSL2 or FTTH.

Good advice. I asked on the Bell Direct forum as you mentioned and it turns out VDSL2 is not available in my area

I'm a bit surprised. There are million dollar homes in my area (not my own) and all construction is less than 7 years old. You'd figure they'd put out the latest technology...

Anyway, what do I do now? Just sit and wait a couple of years?

Thanks,
Gili
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by cowwoc:

I'm a bit surprised. There are million dollar homes in my area (not my own) and all construction is less than 7 years old. You'd figure they'd put out the latest technology...

It's hard to say without knowing why.. some of the most expensive homes in the US and UK do not have high speed connectivity because the neighborhood residence do not want the remotes in their neighborhood. I wouldn't be surprised if that was not the case for some Canadian neighborhoods too.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

What do your stats look like on the 16/1 profile and what type of modem are you using?

I'm running about I think 76% right now RCO on the Downstream....I was able to get the sync up for the upload to the 1085 from 797, but I'm just "too far" from the CO to get the upgrade up to the 19k sync....they won't bump it up....

I'm using right now a D-Link 520B, and I've tried a TP-Link 8616 in the past as well, same results regardless of which modem is hooked up...

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Well, does Bell tell people they qualify for 50 megabit and then they only get 5 megabit?

At what point does the gap between "you qualify for X but will only get Y" become too silly?

Because a ten to one ratio is insane.

Agreed.

Criminally so.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to kovy7

Premium Member

to kovy7
said by kovy7:

said by turbohonda:

The 15/10 will have have the modem fee... it's VDSL.

[Dave wonders how many folks changed their minds after hearing/reading THAT ?]

Is that still an $8 wallet-bite ?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

Is that still an $8 wallet-bite ?

Yup. For a used, scratched, piss poor router/wifi unit.

There was a reason why Bell stopped using them. And they keep making a killing off them on wholesale, because they managed to convince the CRTC that the VDSL service can only use their modem.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

Yup. For a used, scratched, piss poor router/wifi unit....

SO....

Ready to change your avatar back to you-know-what ?
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50 to zaptor99

to zaptor99
I need help figuring out something. What DSL service can I get for Beamsville?

Before it was just High Speed DSL 6 and now it says I can get up to DSL 25?
I wasn't to sure so I checked out the Bell Internet service and they can give me Bell Internet 5 (5Mbps). So will I be able to get TSI DSL 15 or am I stuck with TSI DSL 6?

Could the DSL 10+ be just a 'glitch' with the new website?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

If you'd like to PM me your details, I'll double check for you.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to robman50

Premium Member

to robman50
said by robman50:

I need help figuring out something. What DSL service can I get for Beamsville?

Before it was just High Speed DSL 6 and now it says I can get up to DSL 25?
I wasn't to sure so I checked out the Bell Internet service and they can give me Bell Internet 5 (5Mbps). So will I be able to get TSI DSL 15 or am I stuck with TSI DSL 6?

Could the DSL 10+ be just a 'glitch' with the new website?

Bell has been conditioning lines in these parts like crazy for the last 3 - 4 months. Vast swatches of the area are being qualified for FTTN speeds now. I've got the "FibeTV 25meg ready" sticker in my ped too.

Rejoice. In the... Bellness... of it all.

Flip Martin your info via PM or something and see wuzzup.

Mike
robman50

robman50 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

What info would you need to double check the services that I could get?
robman50

robman50

said by robman50:

said by JenSuisUn:

What info would you need to double check the services that I could get?

I'm a little rusty in that end.

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22 to zaptor99

to zaptor99
I may have missed an answer but I can't see it. Can you confirm if the business 25/7 plan also will go upto 25/10?
robman50

robman50 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
PM sent.
Resistencex3
join:2011-12-06
Scarborough, ON

Resistencex3 to zaptor99

to zaptor99
Download speed increased, but upload speed decreased

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Call and ask them for the full upload speed. Bell sucks.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to Resistencex3

Premium Member

to Resistencex3
If you would please post in the »/forum ··· avdirect forum & we'll take a look.

Martin

heyyahblah
join:2009-02-01
Mississauga, ON

heyyahblah

hey gang,

will the new 15MB profiles include overhead or not? or will we have to call in? I am just curious about that.

I remember TSI Martin and gang fixed my 12MB profile to sync at 14 when BELL was being hard-asses about it back in Jan when I upgraded.

So I was just wondering if I will have to call into support or just wait it out like everyone else?

Hope everyone has been having a grand summer.

thanks
heyyahblah

heyyahblah

Wow what a week to go on vacation, I guess I have to pay more attention to the forums, glad that I did.

What made me notice was the new layout at the teksavvy home page since a neighbour asked about what internet service they offered, boy do I feel dumb now telling him about plans that don't exist anymore .... hahaha .....

Well, I did a hard-reset on my ADSL modem + router and ya ... looks like it went through no problems or questions asked. Not sure when this happened.

Here are stats, are they OK ... or do I need to worry about cleaning anything up ... plus stability and etc? Anyone ....

thanks.. I'm worried abit about the upstream ....

MY OLD 12MB PROFILE

MY NEW PROFILE (THAT I JUST NOTICED TODAY)

PS > I believe I have been told that I am on an IKNS remote!!

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Looks like you got your upgrade. You should be fine on that profile. Enjoy!
robman50

robman50 to heyyahblah

to heyyahblah
what program is that?