Chatham, ON

1 edit

JenSuisUn to The Flash

Premium Member

to The Flash

Re: [DSL] Good News - DSL upgrades

Notable Changes
- The 640Kbps & 2Mbps packages are no longer offered
o Existing customers will be grandfathered (pricing & speed)

- The Ontario 12Mbps package is being converted to 10Mbps
o The pricing will remain the same as it currently is

- The Quebec 10Mbps package pricing will be lowered to match the new Ontario 10Mbps package

- Existing Ontario 12Mbps customers will be converted to the new 15Mbps package
o Existing customers will be grandfathered price-wise

- The 16Mbps package is being converted to 15Mbps
o Existing customers are being grandfathered.

- The 25Mbps package will receive a free upload speed upgrade from 7Mbps to 10Mbps
o Pricing is to remain the same

All existing customers affected by the changes will receive an email

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
join:2009-05-20
Aurora, ON

DragonSpyre

Premium Member

When will these updates/upgrades be rolling out? Will anything be required from users other then resetting our modems to re-sync at the new profile speed?
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by DragonSpyre:

When will these updates/upgrades be rolling out? Will anything be required from users other then resetting our modems to re-sync at the new profile speed?

The profile change will force your modem to re-sync. You won't need to reset your modem.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to DragonSpyre

Premium Member

to DragonSpyre
We anticipate in the next 1-2 weeks. As for the re-syncing, it should automatically re-sync for you when they push the updates.

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL

Great news!!

Adisor91
@teksavvy.com

Adisor91 to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
What about marginal lines that are between the old speeds and the newer speeds? Do they get upgraded? Meaning they can get higher than the older speed but can't attain full synch at the newer speeds.

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
Aurora, ON
Hitron CODA-4582
Asus RT-AX88
Grandstream HT801

2 edits

DragonSpyre

Premium Member

Looks like something happened to my profile already I was on 12Mbit but now it is showing 14272 downstream and 1087 upstream. The downstream hasn't changed but the upstream is up from 899. Maybe they are just tinkering for the time being?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

They shouldn't be. Can you post in the direct or call in. We would like to look into that for you.

Cheers,

Andre

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
Aurora, ON

DragonSpyre

Premium Member

Posted

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Awesome! I just asked one of my guys to pick up your ticket asap.

Thanks,

Andre

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
Aurora, ON

DragonSpyre

Premium Member

The downstream has always been what is shows but the upstream went up by quite a bit over night. Connection is stable though with no problems otherwise.

Chang
@teksavvy.com

Chang to DragonSpyre

Anon

to DragonSpyre
Confirmed same thing here in Markham. Church Street central office. Both download and upload increased.
Chang

Chang to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
Check the 12 meg profiles for Markham. Church Street central office. Both download and upload speeds were raised for me.
cowwoc
join:2007-05-19
Saint-Laurent, QC

2 edits

cowwoc to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Andre,

When will Quebec customers get the option of 15/10 (as offered by Bell) instead of the current 15/1 Teksavvy is offering? Many of us are not eligible for 25/10 but all the other profiles are capped at 1MBit which is insufficient. Please provide *some* sort of increase. Maybe something along the lines of 15/4.

Gili

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

That is a good question. For now, we are concentrating efforts on the upgrades mentioned above, we will then be looking at re-vamping our offerings.

Cheers,

Andre

eots
join:2003-02-04

eots to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
This is only good news for customers on the 12Mbps package, they're the only ones getting a free upgrade and the rest of us are still paying full price. I'd rather TSI reduced my speed to 15Mbps from 16Mbps and charge me the old 12Mbps price.

This is disappointing news as far as I'm concerned.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

34764170 (banned)

said by eots:

This is only good news for customers on the 12Mbps package, they're the only ones getting a free upgrade and the rest of us are still paying full price. I'd rather TSI reduced my speed to 15Mbps from 16Mbps and charge me the old 12Mbps price.

Huh? The news is good for everyone. You're whining because you didn't get something for free.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

I'm happy to be grandfathered on 19455/1085.

Chang
@teksavvy.com

Chang to eots

Anon

to eots
Likely most people who originally subscribed to 12 meg did so because that was all their line could handle. So many won't get upgraded at all. I got upgraded from 12/800 to 14/1 synch rate but my line can't synch higher than that. At least i'm finally getting true 12 meg which is what i was paying for but of course Bell originally put me on a lower synch even though the line could handle a higher synch.

eots
join:2003-02-04

1 edit

eots to 34764170

to 34764170
said by 34764170:

said by eots:

Huh? The news is good for everyone. You're whining because you didn't get something for free.

Seriously how is this good news for EVERYONE? I don't see it, there are no changes for anyone on the 16Mbps plan, we're only 1Mbps higher than the new 15Mbps level, so big deal! The best deal is for the customers with 12Mbps plan who are getting 3Mbps more speed at no additional charge.

What I'd like to see is TSI offering the 10Mbps upload speed on the 15Mbps plan not just the 25Mbps.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

Booo...I couldn't get up to 19455 sync....so I'm hopeful to get to whatever the 17k sync is....I'm at 16319/1085 right now....

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

What do your stats look like on the 16/1 profile and what type of modem are you using?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

Ditto, and I'm not budging. Not willingly anyway.

I'd go for the 25/10 now that the modem reboot issue is resolved, but I'm not paying another $95 install fee no-how.

Mike

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

The modem rental on 25/10 doesn't interest me. I'm good with these speeds for now.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

What do your stats look like on the 16/1 profile and what type of modem are you using?

I'm running about I think 76% right now RCO on the Downstream....I was able to get the sync up for the upload to the 1085 from 797, but I'm just "too far" from the CO to get the upgrade up to the 19k sync....they won't bump it up....

I'm using right now a D-Link 520B, and I've tried a TP-Link 8616 in the past as well, same results regardless of which modem is hooked up...