spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Perma

join:2011-12-20

Faster upload speeds in London

Just wondering if anyone knows when we'll receive faster upload speeds in London, ON? Cable and DSL, the max I can get is 1MB upload.

Thanks!

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Rogers is slowly doing Ontario wide network upgrades which will enable upload spreed increases. They are rumored to be the following:

Express 512Kbps --> 2Mbps
Extreme 1Mbps --> 3Mbps
Extreme Plus 1Mbps --> 7Mbps
Ultimate 2Mbps --> 10Mbps
Ultimate Plus > 10Mbps

This all needs to happen to their customers and then TPIA clients will see the changes. Follow the topic here: »Rogers Upstream Bonding

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Perma

No time soon, unfortunately. The DSL packages were just upgraded and if you can't get the 25/10 package where you live, you're stuck at 1mbps upload.

On the cable side, it could be years before Rogers rolls out higher upload speeds to its own customers, let alone to TSI and other companies using the Rogers last mile. Rogers has been promising this "soon" for well over a year.

Bottom line: If you can't get 25/10 because of location/technology constraints, you may be out of luck with all providers. I'm not sure if 15/10 from Bell would be possible. The only option that will work for sure is Rogers 75/2 plan...but that costs a hilarious $100/month.

I'm in the same boat. I'd gladly kick in a little more cash to take my 28/1 TSI Cable plan to, say, 32/3 or 32/7, but I'm not counting on being able to do it before 2014.