spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

crawlernight

join:2012-08-14
reply to danieln11

Re: [Bill] Comcast DTA

I think the new charges apply to all DTA boxes irrespective of when it was installed as one of my friends had an issue about this a few months back. I think he received a $9.95 charge on his bill for Additional Outlet Service, a year later from installation. When he checked with the company, he was told that the charge was for the boxes. I suppose Comcast provides one (1) digital box free and additional ones are at a monthly rate, but I am not sure.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

The information I provided is correct. Free DTAs (1, 2, or 3 free DTAs, depending on your market) _ordered_ prior to the cutoff date are grandfathered in, and there will be no charge. This is a national policy. If your friend is being charged under these circumstances, it is an error.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
But, just like the phone companies, I'll bet if you make any change to your service, they'll 'reset' you and start charging for 'grandfathered' services...

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
Yeah, I wonder if you exchange a failed, "grandfathered" DTA for a new one, will you then start getting charged for it, as it will appear as a new (serial no.) one in their system?

cast sucks

@dsl.net
don't give them any ideas.