Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to SmokChsr

Re: Moving S L O W L Y but moving..

said by SmokChsr:

Doesn't look like he's going to make it to Canada for Labour day.

Depends. Environment Canada is calling for 40% showers on Monday and I'm on the northern edge of the cone. . Isaac could drift north post tropical and pee on the Great Lakes. Looks like it will blow out over Ohio/New York/ Pennsylvania.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL

So far Isaac is still in Arkansas and is drying out pretty fast in that drought area.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

4 edits
reply to SmokChsr

Re: Tropical Storm Isaac

said by SmokChsr:

Isaac, is way ahead of where he is supposed to be.. he's just South East of Key West right now. He wasn't expected to get to Key West until around midnight. It looks like he's about 10 hours ahead of schedule. Key West hang on.. in the next 2 hours you should see the peak of the storm.

But then something weird happened... Isaac took a major time out.... as shown in this GEOS Sat time lapse loop.

Watch what happens starting about 15 sec into this loop...until he's past us
»www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogal···51211041

Just falls apart over us only to instantly regather past us.

Guess the ladies in the hurricane Grotto at the Catholic Church built in 1922 did their job once again.

»www.keywestcatholicparish.org/Grotto.html

Even a lot of non Catholics go light candles there before storms... can't possibly hurt.

Not being a very religious person, not gong to say quite up there with parting the Red Sea, but a very interesting momentary coincidence just for us, for sure.

And in the near 100 years now since built, there have been very damaging storms like Georges and Wilma, but no devastating ones like 1914 or the 1935 Cat 5 that wiped out the upper Keys (Matacumbes/Islamorada) which also saw the heaviest rain and wind in Issac

We saw less than 2"
of TOTAL rain and only moderate TS winds, with virtually no backside. It was all over in under 6 hours.

Agin the upper Keys (and even nearby 24mi much more) got as much as 7" and like SE FL caught up in the long feeder bands got hammered but close to the eye (just west of us) when that temp collapse happened very little.

--

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
reply to SmokChsr

Re: Moving S L O W L Y but moving..

said by SmokChsr:

So far Isaac is still in Arkansas and is drying out pretty fast in that drought area.

To bad, hope some thing is left....Southern IL/IN really need the rain even though its too late for this year's crops. But just to keep the soil fertile and in place, as well as fire risks keeping forest alive.
--

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX

said by Hayward:

said by SmokChsr:

To bad, hope some thing is left....Southern IL/IN really need the rain even though its too late for this year's crops. But just to keep the soil fertile and in place, as well as fire risks keeping forest alive.

Too late for the corn, but it might help the beans.
--
I'm tired of killing stupid people just trying to do my job and go home!

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
reply to SmokChsr

Looks like a rain band made it to southern IL. Doesn't look like IN will see much of this band. There's more rain coming out of AR that might find its way up there eventually.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to SmokChsr

Guess who may be coming back.. After circling up and down the middle of the USA, it looks as if Isaac is about to make a reappearance in the Gulf. Currently he is known as invest 90L and is creating some heavy storms along the Gulf Coast.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to SmokChsr

Invest 90L Formerly known as Isaac..

Click for full size
Again a bit confused.
In a couple days we should know if Issac is going to make a reappearance in the Gulf. Right now they are giving him a 30% chance of reforming. Currently he has very little convection over the low level circulation center. There is an area of moderate convection about 150 miles to the South West of the center that is just starting to get drawn in. As of sunset the low level center was easily visible on sat images, and fairly well defined. Most models do have him back up to tropical storm strength around Sunday afternoon.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

But it won't be called Isaac.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL

I heard some debate on that, at first I heard it would, then I heard it wouldn't. Either way it seems to have fallen apart for now so it's likely a mute point.

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
reply to SmokChsr

Hurricane Isaac was fun! Saw a little bit of roofs coming off. Was a long 2 nights with the wind. Storm just didn't want to go away.

6 days without electricity.

I look look forward to the next Hurricane.

Love storms that say they are going to Florida or somewhere else but instead hit Louisiana.