jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

The end of another long trip to the UK

Next Tuesday represents the end of my longest stay to date in the UK. It's been a very busy visit but as always I've enjoyed it very much. And it was a real treat to be here for the Olympics, even if we only managed to enjoy it from afar (that's Welsh for Wales, I think ).

When I was in the UK last winter for Christmas, our landlord informed us that he had decided to retire and wanted to resume occupancy of Quarry House near the Stiperstones where we'd lived for six years. Quarry House had its good points and its bad points and, after six years and the death of Woody, our dog, I was already thinking it was time to move on.

Our landlord gave us, very kindly, six months to relocate and I rather optimistically assumed that would be plenty of time. I was wrong and we didn't really get relocated until 2 July.

At any rate, we've now found a very nice house in Wales, about half way between Welshpool and Newtown and actually not all that far from where we'd been at Quarry House. We were already familiar with the area and the new place, near Berriew, is one that years ago we'd remarked would be a nice place to live. So, we've now come down 'off the hills' and find ourselves in the upper reaches of the Severn Valley and the Montgomery Canal. That's about a thousand feet lower in elevation and we can already tell the difference in the weather! Not quite so much wildlife, but a lot more cows (dairy) .

Back for Christmas as always -- only this time it will be Christmas in Wales.
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris

John2g
Qui Tacet Consentit
Premium
join:2001-08-10
England

Good riddance!

jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA

Oh, John, , , , I see you're still mad about me peeing in your beer that night.

But, really, it never was a good idea to take it into the gents with you, just because you didn't trust that big Brommie, and set it down on the floor.

How was I to know, when I came across it, that you'd forgotten to take it back out with you?

And it's hardly my fault that you didn't believe me when I tried to explain to you what had happened. I certainly didn't make you chug it!
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris