dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
BluffingJ
join:2012-08-21

BluffingJ

Re: [Connectivity] Xfinity SMCD3GNV - Lost MDD Timeout/Sync Timi

I have already returned that router, so that's irrelevant.As is, it would still be the same connection right?Which means no problem is fixed except the router changed.If it is a signal issue,coax cable or otherwise, wouldn't that still be there because it is infact the same signal?
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

You need to call Comcast and have a tech come out. Make sure to tell them you may need your modem replaced so the tech has one on hand.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to BluffingJ

to BluffingJ
said by BluffingJ:

I have already returned that router, so that's irrelevant.As is, it would still be the same connection right?Which means no problem is fixed except the router changed.If it is a signal issue,coax cable or otherwise, wouldn't that still be there because it is infact the same signal?

physical connections maybe the same but it's the configuration / settings within the modem and router that will help you figure out if it's the router that's dropping the signal or the modem.

the SMC is a modem and router in one, so when you added that router it created a double NAT which is not desirable and may not work properly network wise. it's not as easy as just connecting a belkin wireless router to that SMC.

what I did with mine was to connect 2 wireless router acting as access points, that way I get good coverage in any corner of the house and even outside.

and that Wii console is better off on a hardwire connection...I had mine on a wireless connection before and it sucked...bought a usb/ethernet connector for wii and boom...problem fixed.