spc
Search similar:

uniqs
en103
join:2011-05-02

1 recommendation

en103

Nice...

Way to let your lawyers kill your potential new sales for next iPhone, and probably a lot of existing customers.

AT&T is doing this 'because we can'. Pure money grab, and at the same time, this is effectively just another bit of salt that AT&T is pouring in customer's wounds.

Admit it AT&T - you don't want customer's to purchase iPhones as the profit is very low, and since many still will purchase them, this is your recourse on how to recoup any cost, and bring it up to the profit model of your other devices.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by en103:

Admit it AT&T - you don't want customer's to purchase iPhones as the profit is very low, and since many still will purchase them, this is your recourse on how to recoup any cost, and bring it up to the profit model of your other devices.

You may have a point about AT&T discouraging iPhone sales since their agreement with Apple has high subsidization costs. They have been heavily marketing Android lately with better deals to get users away from Apple.

And since Skype and other FaceTime-like apps are allowed, this may just be one more way to get users to NOT buy iPhones.
en103
join:2011-05-02

en103

Three words... follow the money.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by cnn:

Meanwhile, disappointing iPhone sales proved to be a strangely good thing for both Verizon and AT&T's bottom lines. Since Apple forces carriers to pay the highest up front subsidies in the smartphone business, selling fewer iPhones helps boost cell phone companies' profit margins.

»money.cnn.com/2012/04/24 ··· ndex.htm

I can video call all day on Google Talk or Skype with my Photon... I think they are trying to find ways to get customers to buy something else... Apple is making the investors nervous now. Never a good thing.
xsid
join:2012-08-23

xsid to en103

to en103
said by en103:

ATT wants usage of their network at the highest profitability. I doubt the phone matters (apple will sell because it is apple). Not sure I agree they will kill iphone sales...foolish people are completely convinced that the fruit is the only way to go (right or wrong, they will pay a fortune for what they perceive is "trouble free" regardless of the carrier). Pps I talk to think phone OS before phone (apple = iphone) before vendor (apple, htc, moto, samsung, etc) and then consider the carrier and price and internally weight accordingly according to the options available.

Nevertheless, the iphone thing should die at some point...a brand with one product (just like MAC vs PC war of the past)