Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

so in other words

All Apple has to do is NOT ship ATT iPhones with Facetime, but provide a link to download it which would then put ATT in violation of said clause.

We'll see what Apple does here, I have a feeling they are going to start selling unlocked iPhones more aggressively to thwart BS like this.
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO

We'll see what Apple does here, I have a feeling they are going to start selling unlocked iPhones more aggressively to thwart BS like this.

Maybe. Apple seems to be pretty careful about not rocking AT&T's boat too much.

This isn't much different than how carriers have the control to enable and disable the tethering feature.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

xsid

join:2012-08-23
reply to inteller
Keep in mind, these are two GIANT companies getting in bed with each other (along with every other carrier).

Apple has never competed with PCs for a reason. My hunch is that ppl won't ultimately pay Apples prices without a "free or cheaper" version of the device. It don't seem likely given their IPOD and MAC pricing...they NEVER decrease or are discounted.

Funny story...Apple invited a few carriers from Alaska telling them that they had exclusive licenses...of course they all saw each other on the plane and realized Apple was just another company trying to get the most $ per carrier.

What does Apple really have to gain by trying to charge their full retail?

They are making too much money from carriers, but it would be great to see them market directly!