uniqs
share rss forum feed

wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD
kudos:1
reply to dongato17

Re: Call for beta testers

I've called Ligo out on their so-called beta testing before.

Since when does TDMA help with interference?

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to dongato17

this is Arc Wireless this isnt Ligo there Wireless Dog But there OS is just like Airmax OS so I really dont see any different between them and Ubnt really.

wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

My mistake, I thought Hal worked for Ligo

dongato17
VIP
join:2000-07-28
Atlanta, GA

That was another time in my life.

On the beta testing - we really are just trying to get the most out of the testing which involves stretching the legs of FlexTDMA. Sorry if that came off as pushy. We are just excited to see it in action in more places and cases than our limited testing can cover. In any event, it would be great if testing can involve more of our clients but will not be a hard requirement for getting the beta unit.

The concept behind FlexTDMA is to help with upload interference with a more robust and efficient protocol than RTS/CTS and that is optimized for fixed wireless broadband. This is for cases where the all the clients cannot see each other.

Thanks,
-Hal
--
Harold Bledsoe

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
reply to wirelessdog

said by wirelessdog:

Since when does TDMA help with interference?

I think Hal is talking about contention and perhaps "interference" is a poor choice of words. Standard CSMA can cause contention issues due to "hidden node" which would interfere with performance.

At least that's my take on the matter.

In my mind, interference is noise from other sources that are not legitimate data, i.e wireless speakers, non-IP video cams, etc..
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4
reply to dongato17

said by dongato17:

... So I'll keep it brief: we are looking for a group of beta testers to try out our new FlexAP.

Is this the same line of vapor-ware being discussed in this thread ? ;
»ARCFlex FreeStation

Any estimates on when these products will be commercially available ? "Available" means putting them in a shopping cart and having UPS bring a box of gear.
--
Why are rich people always broke ?

dongato17
VIP
Atlanta, GA

Actually with the exception of the FlexAP beta units (which just started shipping out), the other items are available and in-stock through normal distribution.

Thanks,
-Hal
--
Harold Bledsoe

gmoncada

@cablecolor.hn

Well... im exited to try the beamforming technology from ARCWireless!

DSLbyAir
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-10
Ocean Springs, MS
reply to dongato17

Hal,

This is very interesting. I've been away from this forum awhile, how long have you been at ARC? I've first talked with you at Deliberant years ago.

Regards,
--
Joe Miller
DSLbyAir, LLC
228-831-8881
www.dslbyair.com

dongato17
VIP
Atlanta, GA

Hey Joe,

Great to hear from you. I've been at ARC a little over a year now. Always great to hear from fellow southerners!

-Hal
--
Harold Bledsoe

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18

A Little OT but still on the Beta Testing thread:

How long till we get a 17 db mimo panel for the ARC IES ? And better still a 19db Mimo panel for the ARC ? Only thing stopping us from doing 10Mbps to the sub is the lack of Mimo on ARC. :-( I'll gladly Beta test them .. and buy a few hundred if they work too

dongato17
VIP
Atlanta, GA

Hey Semaphore,

Are you meaning that you are wanting a mimo 2.4GHz panel (17-19dBi)?

Thanks,
-Hal
--
Harold Bledsoe

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to dongato17

I still never got my FlexAP yet there Hal what is up with that? I am even on the beta testing.

dongato17
VIP
Atlanta, GA

We are still working on getting them all out. We had a very good response so it is just taking some time to fill all of them. It will come though!

Thanks,
-Hal
--
Harold Bledsoe

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
reply to dongato17

Yup - I spoke to (I think it was) 'Ryan' in email about it a month ago. I can't be the only guy with a shitload of ARC's out there just waiting for a MIMO panel that I can swap in and then Add a Pigtial to my existing 802.11n card and viola 10Mbps to the sub.
When I got a rather disheartening reply from ARC ("we could do it but we don't think there's a market") I went so far as to ask another company that builds Antenna for other companies to look at how I might be able to modify the patches in the existing 19db panels to get something like 15db MIMO out of them. They are now doing that analysis for me, but I'd prefer a factory solution, not a buckshie home brew hack up.
Or I can switch to itElites from here on out; they already have 2.4 Ghz MIMO panels in production.... but all of my LOS is ARC... that's a LOT of boxes out there and I'd prefer not to have to replace them all :-((

margioa
Premium
join:2007-04-06
Nicaragua
reply to dongato17

I have signed up too!

Thanks