CoxJimR
Premium Member
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA

CoxJimR to digiblur

Premium Member

to digiblur

Re: [ALL] Cox Media Advertising

If anyone else has seen this, can you please let me know? I have not heard back from the OP, but would like to get it resolved.

Thanks.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Jim - here the ads are blocking parts of the shows. I can easily tell it's a local ad by a number of factors and that's sad.

The ad will start 15 - 20 seconds of the network add then will not come back for another 15-20 seconds after.

Good example of this is Monday Night Football

-Rob
AdCon
join:2012-08-21

AdCon to CoxJimR

to CoxJimR
Apologies for my taking two days to respond and provide you with the information you requested in efforts to resolve this problem.

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX to CoxJimR

Premium Member

to CoxJimR
I saw this Ad in the Phoenix market last night, and the Audio was fine here.

On another note: I see quite a few people complaining about the "Creepy Dad" Ad calling him a pedophile. I personally find the Ads quite funny.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 6OiFuyi8

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· oVHYS3UA

CoxJimR
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

CoxJimR to AdCon

Premium Member

to AdCon
said by AdCon:

Apologies for my taking two days to respond and provide you with the information you requested in efforts to resolve this problem.

Not a problem. Glad to have the data to get it looked in to. Sending it off to my contact in California now.
CoxJimR

CoxJimR to BryanInPHX

Premium Member

to BryanInPHX
said by BryanInPHX:

On another note: I see quite a few people complaining about the "Creepy Dad" Ad calling him a pedophile. I personally find the Ads quite funny.

I hear various things about different ads, but that's the first one on Dad. I'll pass that on down the hall.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Jim, did you see my complaint about your local ads jumping in 15-20 seconds after the national ad? Very annoying. It happens on all networks you have local ads on.

-Rob
Rob_

Rob_ to BryanInPHX

Premium Member

to BryanInPHX
I saw that too, what does buffering have to do with speed? Cox buffers, so does any other provider - glad someone else thought the ad with the father was also kinda creepy.

I posted that ad not too long ago, but it had fallen on deaf ears.

-Rob
AdCon

AdCon to BryanInPHX

to BryanInPHX
I've seen this same ad (one I've complained about here, this topic/issue, not the second one you're now mentioning)...

and the ad USED TO BE o.k. (audio was fine originally).

It's just that someone somehow has edited the audio to force an improper pronounciation sound of the final word of the voice-over.

Originally, the ad, the audio for the ad, was fine.

It's this "audio edited" version of the ad that I have complained about, and which continues to run across many channels on Cox digital tier stations (ran today several times again, the "audio edited" version that is now offensive).
AdCon

AdCon to CoxJimR

to CoxJimR
Letting you know: the problem-audio ad (women's group, home investors, etc.) is continuing to run throughout today, Saturday, so I expect it'll still be up tomorrow, Sunday.

Can't someone just take this problem-ad off the air until they can correct the audio and if not, why not?

It's obviously an advertising-feed from Cox Media, so there's no excuse that they're continuing to let the thing run as they have after being notified of their error (if they weren't alreay aware of it).
AdCon

AdCon to BryanInPHX

to BryanInPHX
I thought "Creepy Dad" ad was/is creepy, too, by the way.

CoxJimR
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

CoxJimR to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
said by Rob_:

Jim, did you see my complaint about your local ads jumping in 15-20 seconds after the national ad? Very annoying. It happens on all networks you have local ads on.

-Rob

Rob, I saw your note. What have the system people told you?
CoxJimR

CoxJimR to AdCon

Premium Member

to AdCon
said by AdCon:

Letting you know: the problem-audio ad (women's group, home investors, etc.) is continuing to run throughout today, Saturday, so I expect it'll still be up tomorrow, Sunday.

Can't someone just take this problem-ad off the air until they can correct the audio and if not, why not?

It's obviously an advertising-feed from Cox Media, so there's no excuse that they're continuing to let the thing run as they have after being notified of their error (if they weren't alreay aware of it).

There is a team of people looking into it. Their are a couple of potential causes which are being narrowed down. It seems like it will be resolved in the next few days.
AdCon

AdCon

Well, OK. I haven't seen this problem recur or rebroadcast since Saturday (08/25). At least this past Saturday was the last time I took notice of it (and I don't watch TV nonstop or all the hundreds of channels available to me, so last Sat. was the last time I took notice of this problem).

I hope you received my more specific Instant Messages, in response to yours. I can't be any more specific with you without actually spelling out the offensive word involved as to what the edit has altered the audio to 'sound like' or 'say' by way of specific edit of the audio.

CoxJimR
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

CoxJimR

Premium Member

Again, thank you for raising this up and sorry it has taken longer than you would like to get attention. To reiterate some of what I said in Instant Message, the ad runs just a few frames longer than :30 seconds. Depending on where this ad is in the placement, the equipment handles it differently including clipping it, which is causing the problem you mentioned. We're having the agency reedit the ad to fix the length issue, and the next ad won't end with that word.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

It's an annoying ad too, and very misleading. Cox buffers just like DSL does. It depends on the internet. Having faster speeds doesn't guarantee it, however a non BBR user or a non tech would probably just say wow, and that's what the ad seems to be targeting.

-rob
AdCon

AdCon to CoxJimR

to CoxJimR
Thanks for efforts and intent to repair this problem of the troubling audio-edit or forced-edit as per your recent explanation.

Maybe your agency should keep this problem in mind and avoid the voice-over/narration of "...find out why everyone's switching to COX!" on their future productions.
AdCon

AdCon to Rob_

to Rob_
I sorta' like the ad but only within it's targeted audience appeal: obviously they're trying to appeal to a specific market that may not (yet) realize advantages of cable broadband.

This combination of the bad-erroneous-audio-edit with that particular ad scenario, though, is terribly unfortunate.

CoxJimR
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

CoxJimR to AdCon

Premium Member

to AdCon
said by AdCon:

Maybe your agency should keep this problem in mind and avoid the voice-over/narration of "...find out why everyone's switching to COX!" on their future productions.

We have identified that for future ads. I just heard that the new ad is complete, I think the old ad should be replaced by this weekend.

Metal Head
Premium Member
join:2001-02-15
Escondido, CA
ARRIS SB6141
D-Link DIR-655 Rev. C

Metal Head

Premium Member

Hey Jim,

I just heard a Cox ad for telephone where at the very end of the ad it was cut off as they say "See why everyone is switching to Cox" and not pronouncing the x in Cox so it sounds like exactly as described in previous posts. It happened at 12:29pm today in the San Diego market.

Hopefully you can get that one fixed also.

CoxJimR
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

CoxJimR

Premium Member

said by Metal Head:

I just heard a Cox ad for telephone ...

I would expect the fixed spot to go in today or tomorrow. Thanks.
AdCon

AdCon

Well, argghh...I wrote yesterday that I hadn't seen this problem audio repeat since last weekend BUT:

Here it is again today, 08/30, Channel 46, FOX News:
-- 6:52 AM PST
-- 1:50 PM PST

...WHICH MEANS that it's also running on other channels (I've only been on Channel 46 due to the GOP Convention coverage, but once it's on one channel on the tiers, that means it's running on others channels on the tier [same ad feed]).

So I hope you all are still working on reparing this problem audio. As I wrote before, it seems you'd want to get it off the air WHILE you repair it rather than continue to just let this carry on, but that's what I'd do.
AdCon

AdCon to Metal Head

to Metal Head
Yes, that's the issue I've been referring to here.