Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fourcpus4me

join:2012-08-11
Gladwin, MI

3 recommendations

So, when are the HN-haters going to

So, when are the HN-haters going to launch their own satellite and sell insanely cheap and uncapped bandwidth to the masses?

[Insert chirping crickets here]

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

Re: So, when are the HN-haters going to

said by Fourcpus4me:

So, when are the HN-haters going to launch their own satellite and sell insanely cheap and uncapped bandwidth to the masses?

[Insert chirping crickets here]

So McDonald's start serving burgers that literally taste like dog shit your solution is to not complain and just open our own burger joint? I should put you on ignore just on principal for making me read your post.

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by 88615298:

So McDonald's start serving burgers that literally taste like dog shit ....

If that happens I recommend going to another resturant, anyway.

This is more akin to Mcdonald charging $5.95 for a white castle mini slider. in which case SOMEone will open a new resturant give you 2 for the same price and make a fortune.
On the otherhand some people would just whine about it to other people and still go to the overpriced McD's.
It's easy to abuse a passive market

Fourcpus4me

Gladwin, MI

1 recommendation

It's all about context...

We have no cellular service at all. It's not weak. It's not intermittent. It is nonexistent.

We have no internet services available. No wireless, no antenna or other line of site options. No DSL. No digital cable.

The only thing we do have is analog cable TV.

So, you can imagine, the HN internet service is awesome compared to dial-up or none. Most of the time we receive the full bandwidth that we pay for and is advertised. Once in a while the service is down but usually works a little while later. I frequently use the free nightly download window to d/l large files like .ISO images.

Anyway, HN is not a crap sandwich for us. Maybe we're lucky.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by Fourcpus4me:

. I frequently use the free nightly download window to d/l large files like .ISO images.

Anyway, HN is not a crap sandwich for us. Maybe we're lucky.

Well under this new system your FAP free nightly download windows is gone. You get an extra 20 GB during that time. I wonder if they count that 20 GB first or the original 20 GB?

Fourcpus4me

Gladwin, MI

Actually, these new terms won't affect us. Obama's government stimulus dollars that were seized from the taxpayers are subsidizing our internet connection and millions of others.

We have no contract, no equipment or installation charges, no termination fees and pay a flat rate for up to 5 years and can cancel at any time without penalty.

Any reduction in service levels would violate the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Federal Law) terms.
silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

said by Fourcpus4me:

Actually, these new terms won't affect us. Obama's government stimulus dollars that were seized from the taxpayers are subsidizing our internet connection and millions of others.

We have no contract, no equipment or installation charges, no termination fees and pay a flat rate for up to 5 years and can cancel at any time without penalty.

Any reduction in service levels would violate the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Federal Law) terms.

Pretty sure recovery act only affects the system you are on. If you want to jump to gen4, you have to play their game.
Expand your moderator at work

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
Why would anyone launch a sat for ? LOL, when it sucks ? no one will. No one is a hate of sat, It''s sat for internet sucks has and allways will.

I will not launch a sat even if i had the cash i would not wont put anyone though hell lol.If i had 400 plus millon i would put that to fiber to as many home. Makes more sense than 400 millon or so launch a sat that ill be a dino in 3 years.