share rss forum feed

Lazy Senior

join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Doityourself

Re: [KY] Slow speeds for months and still no fix.

said by Doityourself :

If other people in the area were complaining they would probably have some more incentive. Right now it's probably just you.

This is the BIG problem for Mediacom. One unsatisfied customer is almost guaranteed to tell others about his poor experience with Mediacom. Not only locally but on the internet.

My village is a perfect example. Mediacom has such a poor reputation here that it is extremely difficult for them to get new customers. Word gets around in a small town, and Mediacom pays the price by not getting the volume of customers they should have. Competition like DSL and the TV satellite companies make Mediacom pay a very high price for poor customer service...

WadeG

join:2012-08-22
Cadiz, KY
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Doityourself

I agree that DSL is an option but I do not even have phone lines in my house. I know I am not the only 1 complaining that they are not getting close to what we are paying for. I was just thinking that if I post on more than the Mediacom forum that Mediacom would get up and fix the issue. I have found out that they do not care what kind of service they provide you just better pay for it.

TMar

join:2006-12-05
Gilbertsville, KY

1 edit
reply to WadeG

Be nice to get some kind of answer on this. Mediacom CS on twitter confirm they have been doing "upgrades" with no ETA but they are "actively working on it". Night long outages a couple of times a week and the past week speeds of

said by Doityourself :

Why don't you just cancel your service and find another provider. Get DSL service or go with a wireless provider. It obvious they don't have much interest in getting this fixed. If other people in the area were complaining they would probably have some more incentive. Right now it's probably just you. Or calm down, downgrade to 3 or 12 mbit service and help yourself to a lower bill. It's not the end of the world if you're not getting exactly 20 mbit.

Because there's not much of any competition in the area? DSL in the area is spotty at best and doesn't offer any better speeds than the crappy speed he's getting now. And no it's not just him but most people don't know when they are getting crappy speeds and pings while checking their email. It's also not about getting "exactly 20 mbit" but not even getting half that and sometimes not even getting 1/10th that. I have 15Mbps but yet I'm getting 1Mbps -4Mbps. I don't have "high speed" internet to not be able to watch a 720 youtube video without waiting for it to buffer.

XeveX

@mchsi.com
reply to Doityourself

I'd love to find another provider, but Mediacon is a monopoly corporation here... It was SUPPOSED to be regulated by the local municipality, but the city is controlled by the corporate money here now. The corporations are not bound by law, and they're even being allowed to be judge and jury if they 'feel' someone has broken the law over their connections...

My serviced are still at half the promised speed. Still not fixed and being ignored now.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

XeveX, I will be happy to look into the speed issues you area currently having. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number?

WadeG

Cadiz, KY

See not just me it the area. Controlled by Mediacom ignored by Mediacom. There motto is "Fastest internet vs dial up". Throw your money at us and we will give you what you get. Cancel and pay us more.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to WadeG

Well I guess I have to just suffer the only choice I have. I dont think they even care anymore. No fix as of yet. »testmy.net/fO7uzp5.QAVTn23.png
»www.speedtest.net/result/2269713144.png
»www.speedtest.net/result/2269715260.png

WadeG

Cadiz, KY

6 1/2 months later still no fix. Wish there were other providers for my area.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2

said by WadeG:

6 1/2 months later still no fix. Wish there were other providers for my area.

so you haven't downgraded your service?
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

stark4142

join:2012-11-01

Why would he downgrade his service? He wants a certain package that they offer, and they're not making good on the contract. If anything after 6.5 months he should report them to the BBB or at least get credited by them for that amount of time.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY

If I downgrade the service to say 10Mbps I then get 2Mbps and I did report to the BBB and they did nothing.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2

said by WadeG:

If I downgrade the service to say 10Mbps I then get 2Mbps and I did report to the BBB and they did nothing.

They can't do anything since your service is up to XX Mbit.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Seem like a no. I have up to 20Mbps but get between 7-8. I have tried to have them lower the service plan to 10Mbps and I get 3-5 so the lower they set it the lower my speeds get too. Wish I could get DSL or 4G but no covered in this area I am in. DSL is but at dial up speeds.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY
reply to Anonymous

So what your saying is that if I pay for "up to" 20 Mbit but never get over 10 Mbit then I have got what I pay for. I would be pissed if I buy a car that gets up to 40 mpg but never get over 20 mpg ever.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Hello WadeG,

I would be happy to look into this for you. Private message me your account or phone number and I will look into this issue for you.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY

PM sent!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Thank You.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to WadeG

Now they have lock me out of posting on the forum on the Mediacom site.

MediacomTim
Global Moderator

Rate: 185
[applaud] [smite]

(No subject)
« Sent to: cyberpunk1161 on: January 17, 2013, 03:48:49 PM » ReplyQuoteDelete
Hello "cyberpunk1161",

I have removed both of your previous posts.

As what both of my previous messages have stated, there is nothing further we can to resolve the issues you are currently having, as Dale and his team, as well as the Moderators here have exhausted all of our options to get this issue restored for you; including splitting the node, isolating you on your own port on the CMTS, replacing the service drop, as well as rewiring your home and replacing all the active devices associated with your service.

If you have any further questions, or issues, or feel like you have been given any false information through this, please feel free to let Dale Haney know so he can address it.

-Tim

»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSuppor···c=6456.0

What are my options now? There is no other provider in my area. I do not have phone lines in or to my house and can not use 4g due to no signal at my location.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

1 edit

I have talked to the moderators from the Support Forums and they are not blocking you from posting anything on the Forums. The messages that are sent to you are private because it is information that is only intended for you.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY
Reviews:
·Mediacom

So I can not give out my information freely? This information I have gotten is (in a nut shell) There is no fix, there will not be fix, and do not contact us on this issue again. Why wait a full year of complaints and telling me they will keep working on it. Tell me I understand your frustration on this issue but thank me for the patience I am having.

From a Mediacom employee:
In an email from Dale on 12/17, he informed us that you were told on numerous occasions that we had exhausted all options that are available to us to improve your service. He also explained this to you when he replied to your email Sun 1/13

Copy of the 1 and only email that I have ever recieved form him on Jan 10th 2013:

Mr. ****:

I understand you wanted me to contact you. Hope you enjoyed a great holiday season. How can I be of assistance to you?

Thanks,

Dale

So someone is lying somewhere.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

I will work with you on this continued problem.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY

Thank you for your efforts.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY

Any update?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

I replied via IM.

kb0nly

join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN
reply to WadeG

WadeG... Did you get anywhere on this?

Been fighting an uphill battle here myself, numerous tech visits, new modems, new drop to house, fix after fix after fix, and the latency is still crap and the speeds marginal.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY
Reviews:
·Mediacom

I have been told that I don't have to fight any more. There is no fix and there will not be a fix. After a year of fighting they tell me this. Even the supervisor tells me there is no fix to the slow speeds but they will still be happy to charge me like I have 20 Mbps internet.

Justpassinby

@mchsi.com

Why don't you take the initiative and downgrade your service to the 3mbit or 12mbit service? If they admit that the speeds can't be provided all the time, you are just throwing your money away. Maybe the issue isn't as bad as you say it is?

WadeG

Cadiz, KY

I have tried that and the speeds got much slower. Example 20/2=10/2 then I tried going to a 10 Mbps download speed and I get 3-5 Mbps. I feel if I go lower then I will not have a download speed at all.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to WadeG

Just an update: It has been a year and only had 1 day my download speeds were at a high of 10.32 Mbps. That is the highest in a long time but that was weeks ago. Most recent was:

»www.speedtest.net/result/2581494175.png

Thank you for the awesome service.

WadeG

Cadiz, KY
reply to WadeG

»www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh···92&ria=0