Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo

Re: Choosing the Primary SIP server

said by anveo:

P.S to answer your other question we do not support outbound CNAM.

That's a pretty big thing. I would suggest you work on providing this to attract more customers. Both of my providers offered this with no issue.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Trimline:

That's a pretty big thing [Outbound CNAM].

I would suggest you work on providing this to attract more customers.

Both of my providers offered this with no issue.

I would think that business subscribers would care more about outbound CNAM than average folks like me.

But having said that, 2 things want to enter my mind - the names of your 2 providers ?

And are they VoIP or something else ?
idbit
join:2008-12-04
Florida

idbit to Trimline

to Trimline
said by Trimline:

said by anveo:

P.S to answer your other question we do not support outbound CNAM.

That's a pretty big thing. I would suggest you work on providing this to attract more customers. Both of my providers offered this with no issue.

I thought I read that in the US, the CNAM that appears on a call coming in to you is determined by your provider - not anything that is set by the caller or his provider. Which would make Outbound CNAM a pointless feature for somebody in the US that only calls US people. Am I wrong about that?

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

said by idbit:

I thought I read that in the US, the CNAM that appears on a call coming in to you is determined by your provider - not anything that is set by the caller or his provider. Which would make Outbound CNAM a pointless feature for somebody in the US that only calls US people. Am I wrong about that?

There is an authoritative source (the Line Information Database) that all LECs (local exchange carriers -- the companies that provide DIDs to VoIP providers) are required to maintain.

In the US, "outbound CNAM" means entering a CNAM value into this LIDB.

If the call recipient's phone company is willing to pay to access the caller's LIDB, they will be able to access this CNAM value and display it to their customer.

Sometimes, the call recipient's phone company doesn't want to pay to access the caller's LIDB, so they subscribe to a third party CNAM database. This database collects caller name information from other sources, such as phone book listings, and is a guess what the caller's name is. It's also generally much more economical as a single company can provide this information, rather than a number of companies spread out through the country (one for each major telco plus a few independents).