spc
Search similar:

uniqs
joedhall
join:2004-03-06
Walker, LA

joedhall

AT&T charging after service disconnected

I called AT&T and told them I would be closeing my account in late July . Service was disconnected 08/03/2012. They drafted my bank account for service from July 29 to August 28. I called and they said it would take 2 months for a refund. I have filed an informal complaint with the FCC and will be contacting the Louisiana Public Service Commision tomorrow. What else can I do? Thanks for any help!

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Perhaps you shouldn't have allowed service providers to draw on your bank account in the first place.

I pay all my service providers directly from my checking account via online bill pay, but it is me that initiates these payments.

Yes, it's more work than having them debit me automatically, but it makes it impossible for things like what happened to you to happen to me. And I still don't have to write any checks and use any postage stamps.

I don't know how you tell your bank to terminate the debit arrangement you have with AT&T, but I suggest you look into it and get it done.

Three months after I canceled my AT&T DSL service they sent me a bill for $120.00 for a bogus early termination fee which I didn't owe and didn't pay.

If they do that to you, that money will come out of your account if you haven't disabled AT&T's ability to debit you.

Good luck.
w4ncr8
join:2000-10-27

w4ncr8

I have been good stands this company 6Years Since they took over bellsouth.net 10 Years With that company payee my bill on time never been late I have broadband service in another city in the same state I relocated into another city tried to establish new service with them they told me I have to put down $100 to having turned on at my second location I've told them they are crazy also it would have to be drafted out my bank account thank god I have not set up this service, already go online and pay my bills using My bank debit card When my wireless contract 5 more months is up I am leaving them I have never been late on that one either !
mdv921
join:2008-06-26

mdv921

Periods! Periods! Where are the periods?
joedhall
Walker, LA

joedhall

I also filed a complaint with the BBB.
joedhall

joedhall

My wifes 4 smart phone contracts will also leave AT&T as they expire.My account shows a credit but I'm haven't received it yet so I'm still on them with the Louisiana PSC.

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

AMDUSER to joedhall

Premium Member

to joedhall
Contact the bank where the money was drawn from.. tell them that you wish to dispute an unauthorised withdrawal from your bank account pursuant to Federal Regulation E..

»www.federalreserve.gov/b ··· ting.htm

You may have to fill out some paperwork basically saying it was unauthorised but you could have your $$ back in as soon as 10 days.
[They will effectively reverse the withdrawal..]

IANAL...
joedhall
Walker, LA

joedhall

I got my money back plus about $30.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to joedhall

to joedhall
lesson learned:

dont auto pay from bank account next time..