spc
Search similar:

uniqs
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable

[HD] FIOS should drop Entertainment Studios Network

Is there any reason why, FIOS is the only company in the world to carry this 6 pointless networks operated by Entertainment Studios Inc? This could be used for other important networks like Cartoon, Bein Sports,Bein Sports 2, ESPN Deportes, FOX deportes , CBS Sports.

ES.TV 558
Cars.TV 599
Pets.TV 633
MyDestination.TV 674
Recipe.TV 676
Comedy.TV 695

Kingscup
join:2006-03-01

Kingscup

/sigh

This has been talked about extensively. Please do a search.
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable

Do you think they will Kingscup?
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to Kingscup

to Kingscup
said by Kingscup:

/sigh

This has been talked about extensively. Please do a search.

The naked photos of a senior exec? Actually no one who knows has explained why they renewed the deal. Originally was made so they could brag they had more HD channels.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to FIOS4cable

Premium Member

to FIOS4cable
I agree those channels should be dropped, but I would prefer channels we all can enjoy. English speaking channels and no more soccer channels.

I would like to see us getting more regional sports channels like DirectV and have all the sports packages show their games in HD.

Get rid of the premium movie channels and move them over to VOD.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt to FIOS4cable

Premium Member

to FIOS4cable
How about no more sports channels. Or at least put all the sports channels on a tier that people can subscribe to and remove them from the other tiers to save some money.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to Acct101

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

I agree those channels should be dropped, but I would prefer channels we all can enjoy. English speaking channels and no more soccer channels.

I would like to see us getting more regional sports channels like DirectV and have all the sports packages show their games in HD.

Get rid of the premium movie channels and move them over to VOD.

You would got lots of disagreement on those last two statements. My choice would be to make the sports channel VOD, and leave the Premium Movie Channels. Its really annoying that every one of the national and college teams wants to be carried nationally. And think they have enough content to be a whole channel.
flashcore
join:2007-01-23
united state

flashcore to aaronwt

to aaronwt
said by aaronwt:

How about no more sports channels. Or at least put all the sports channels on a tier that people can subscribe to and remove them from the other tiers to save some money.

And I will second this one, I am tired of paying for a ton of sports channels when I have no interest at all in watching any of them. Don't even get me started on the space there wasting for all these useless foreign language channels that less than 4% of there subscribers actually care about (Before someone says that number is higher, I have been told differently and you can tell when they try to push them on you whenever you call for support or billing). I also agree that they need to drop those stupid .TV Infomercial channels, that is the single biggest waste of space/money on FiOS TV.

rantanamo
@verizon.net

rantanamo to tnsprin

Anon

to tnsprin
they do have enough content to be national unless you think people in this country only live where they went to college.
vectorvictor
join:2012-08-21

vectorvictor to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
said by FIOS4cable:

Is there any reason why, FIOS is the only company in the world to carry this 6 pointless networks operated by Entertainment Studios Inc? This could be used for other important networks like Cartoon, Bein Sports,Bein Sports 2, ESPN Deportes, FOX deportes , CBS Sports.

ES.TV 558
Cars.TV 599
Pets.TV 633
MyDestination.TV 674
Recipe.TV 676
Comedy.TV 695

While I'm not one of them, there are people who actually watch the programming on these channels and find them useful.

Personally, these would be more candidates for a move to a MPEG-4 tier, along with the sports channels--this way, if you really want to keep them, you'll upgrade your box.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
The reason they have them is because it's a ruse. A ruse to keep the FCC off their backs, because they have "minority owned" networks.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to rantanamo

Premium Member

to rantanamo
said by rantanamo :

they do have enough content to be national unless you think people in this country only live where they went to college.

Most people I run into don't even have a desire to watch their college football teams. They like NFL teams but don't care much for college football.
Strommy
join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA

Strommy to vectorvictor

to vectorvictor
said by vectorvictor:

said by [user= :

]

While I'm not one of them, there are people who actually watch the programming on these channels and find them useful.

Really!?!?! Not trying to be nasty but in the 2+ years I have been on this and many other FiOS forums I have NEVER and I do mean NEVER heard a single solitary person state they like or even watch those channels. I've heard dozens upon dozens of people (including myself) complain but nobody ever admitting they watched or like them.

They are nothing but INFOMERCIAL/Commercial stations.
FiosTV1080I
join:2010-09-06
united state

FiosTV1080I to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Yeah I think Most if not all would love see . tv dropped from the channel lineup 6 HD channels I can think of better that ppl would love to see on Verizon Fios is much needed over the . bleh channels.
09129800 (banned)
join:2012-06-27
New York, NY

09129800 (banned) to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
You're preaching to the choir here. No one in this forum likes these ES.TV channels.

I've never met a FiOS subscriber who didn't think they were awful wastes of space. The .TV networks and the west coast premium channel feeds are always at the top of everyone's list of shit that needs to be dropped off FiOS TV to make room for channels people actually want like Cartoon Network HD, H2 HD, the Game Show Network in HD...
said by Greg2600:

The reason they have them is because it's a ruse. A ruse to keep the FCC off their backs, because they have "minority owned" networks.

This is just a conspiracy theory that probably has nothing to do with it. No other provider is carrying these crap channels. They're not some magic "get out of ridiculous FCC regulations free" card. If they were Verizon would not be the only provider carrying Byron Allen's channels.
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Compromise:
Keep ES.TV as is.
Merge Cars TV and Comedy TV into TV2 on ch 695.
Merge the other three into TV1 on ch 676
prisaz
join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD

prisaz to Acct101

to Acct101
I believe having the Premiun Movie Channels move to IPTV would be a good move. But 100% VOD I do not see. Those providers most likely demand the channels be available in the lineup, and I do not see each channel providing 100% of their daily content availble over VOD. If they did it would be great. But I would like to still see a daily guide, view when you want type of thing. How many time have you looked at the guide and something is half over, and not available with VOD. I HAVE MANY TIMES. I have all the Premiums and do not want to get ripped off because people want more soccer/football!

So those with faster Internet Speeds that pay a pemium for those speeds will get good Premium Channel support. And those who don't will get extra speed for free when needed? I sure hope Verizon upgrades my area to at least GPON or better. I am paying for 75/35, and with IPTV / VOD it looks like I pay twice for the content. Once to view it and again to have the bandwidth to do so.
prisaz

prisaz to flashcore

to flashcore
I also agree! Split the sports out to an optional add on like it used to be in many locations! Why should I have to pay for a ton of sports channels they keep adding?
prisaz

prisaz to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
I agree that prior to these channels being added, it was a push to get more HD. Not knowing what this garbage HD would be. It was sold by a used car sales person. It sounded great! Wow six more HD, until we lifted the hood and found the engine was not what we though it was, and the breaks were worn out!

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to 09129800

to 09129800

This is just a conspiracy theory that probably has nothing to do with it. No other provider is carrying these crap channels. They're not some magic "get out of ridiculous FCC regulations free" card. If they were Verizon would not be the only provider carrying Byron Allen's channels.

I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't read a couple years back, a Verizon exec. more or less admit this was their motivation (to have minority owned networks). The FCC part I added.