Search similar:

uniqs
Grimspoon
join:2008-03-07

Grimspoon

[DSL] [DSL] Windsor / LaSalle

Resurrecting this topic:

»[DSL] Windsor / LaSalle

At this point I'm not looking to figure out if there's an ETA for upgraded profile availability in LaSalle (I'm on Maple Ave by the Host CO at Matchette & Laurier).

Now I'm just curious if there's any plans on making this available at my location at all. Ever.

Last time I called for availability the service rep looked up my info and gave me the same results that I get from the Teksavvy website.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

If any of us had crystal balls we would give you the answer, but last time I checked, No one had one.

6meg is all I get too, and I dont expect anything better for a few years yet.
Grimspoon

Grimspoon

Like I said, not looking for a date in time, just maybe a hint that something....anything is in the works. No crystal balls required.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

said by Grimspoon:

Like I said, not looking for a date in time, just maybe a hint that something....anything is in the works. No crystal balls required.

Im pretty sure even a crystal ball is required for that, how is one supposed to know when bell is going to upgrade the CO/Remotes?
Grimspoon

Grimspoon

You'd think an ISP, such as Teksavvy maybe? Might have some insider information about the actual services they provide for their customers. Just a thought. That's not magic.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to Grimspoon

to Grimspoon
We just completed our fibre build to the LaSalle Laurier CO last week (935 Laurier), and are offering home phone & 7M unlimited DSL for $59.95/month. I have a few customers on Sacred Heart near Lasalle PS who are now getting full 7M with attainable rates in the 18M range.
Grimspoon

Grimspoon

Thanks for the constructive response HeadSpinning!

Glad to know i have an alternative available. I really like the service Teksavvy has provided for the past few years but if they can't get caught up to speed in my neighborhood I'm going to have to jump ship. Very soon.

Thanks again.

exCogecoTech
@cgocable.net

exCogecoTech to HeadSpinning

Anon

to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

We just completed our fibre build to the LaSalle Laurier CO last week (935 Laurier), and are offering home phone & 7M unlimited DSL for $59.95/month. I have a few customers on Sacred Heart near Lasalle PS who are now getting full 7M with attainable rates in the 18M range.

I can confirm, was in Windsor 2 weeks ago and seen all the new fiber up and headed into lasalle, I used to work for cogeco so I am aware of what I am looking at and the tags on the fiber itself
Grimspoon

Grimspoon

Teksavvy got my hopes up today when i did my semi-regular services availability check through the website.

Showed that finally, at long-*******-last, 15 Mbps service was available. Was hoping for 25, but goddamn if anything at all wouldn't have been a step in the right direction.

Well, it was a glitch on the website. Still nothing available for this address in LaSalle.

This may have been the straw the broke the camels back. I think I might have to terminate my account with teksavvy in the VERY near future.